Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

My Letter To Jimmy

I'm going to miss you.
You are my hero.
You are the best drummer of all time.
Most importantly, you are loved.

I love you, Jimmy Sullivan

This hurts me more than anyone will know. I never met you in person, but in your music, in these videos, in my heart I know you are a wonderful person. I'm shaking right now. I'm crying. You'll never leave my mind, Jimmy. Never. I heard the news through my friend and I honestly didn't believe it at first. Who would when they hear that one of their biggest inspirations in life has passed? I didn't want to believe it. I just wanted to wake up to a world with a Jimmy in it. I will remember you, Jimmy. I'll remember your face. I'll remember your sense of humor. The whole world will. I don't know what to do with myself.

When I first heard you play and saw your videos, I knew that drumming was something I wanted to try. I got more serious about it, but I still haven't learned to play. I will though in honor of you. I'll grow up and try to the best of my ability to live in your honor as a drummer. I will never try to beat your standards, nor replace your ranking. No one can do that and they'll never be able to. You were one of a kind, Jimmy. The band and all of your fans are taking this hard. I know it wasn't your fault, I just do. You were too smart to do something like that. Know, Jimmy, that I am going to look at your music in a new way, and I'll always think of how you were such a big part of what Avenged Sevenfold has become.

I love you. Rest in Peace.
♠ ♠ ♠
a new perspective.