Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

A Letter For Jimmy

Dear Jimmy,

Your music never ceased to make me feel better. I found out the news of your death through a friend of mine, and I didn’t believe it at first. I mean, you’re The Rev: you can’t be dead, right? It’s not possible. But it was true; I went straight to the band’s page, and the news of your passing was there, too. There was no denying after that.

I nearly fell to the ground when I saw the letter written by your bandmates; you were my hero. I couldn’t help but start crying, and I haven’t managed to really stop since. Whenever I was upset or depressed, the only thing I had to do was put some Avenged Sevenfold music on, and you made me feel better and made my day brighter. If I was depressed and couldn’t listen to music at the time, if I pushed in “The Rev Chases A Duck,” “Hotel Drunks,” “Just A Spoonful of Jimmy,” or any other funny clips of you on youtube, my day was instantly happier, and I wasn’t depressed anymore.

I’ve heard a number of rumors about why you died; you were addicted to drugs, you were an alcoholic, etc. etc. But it’s not true; I don’t believe you were a druggie, and I don’t think you were an alcoholic. It’s a tragedy that you died, when you meant so much to so many people and still do. You’ll never cease to be important to your fans, and your family and friends as well.

I can’t say thank you enough for what you and your music did for me. There’s not enough words in the English language for that. You were too important, and are too important for words to explain. I’m never going to forget the time I saw you live in Fargo; it was nothing short of epic. Thank you for being the amazing person and incredible musician that you were.

Rest in peace, Jimmy. Heaven just got a hell of a house-band drummer.

Sincerely,

Kayla A. U.
♠ ♠ ♠
and a house band that will be!