Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Life is short, so you have to live big, seize the day.

Life is short, so you have to live big, seize the day.

I’m not really sure how to do this.

Other people have been writing letters, and I feel like everyone has such a bond with him, have had Jimmy as their favorite band member since the beginning.

I am a fairly new Avenged fan, starting to listen to their music about a year ago this month. Still, I only listened to their two most recent albums.

I learned that he had died from a friend on Tuesday, she read it on PerezHilton.com. She sent me a text saying along the lines of ‘The drummer from Avenged Sevenfold is dead!!!’

I just stared at my phone, opened mouth for a minute before telling her that she wasn’t being funny and that she shouldn’t joke about something like that to me. She wasn’t such a big fan of the band, and she knew I was, so I thought—obviously—that she was playing a cruel prank on me.

I called her, fully prepared to yell at her, when she tells me to look on their website.

I went to my room and cried. I was literally sobbing, and I couldn’t breathe. I listened to their music and just thought about it. About…him not actually being there anymore.

The only thing running through my mind all the time now is… “He’s dead. One day he’s here…the next, he’s not.”

I suppose that the saying “You don’t know what you have until it’s gone” doesn’t really apply to me because I never actually knew Jimmy, but it’s the only thing I can think to say that actually relates.

I was never really a fan of just Jimmy, more of a band as a whole, and I think that’s why it hurts. The band isn’t ‘the band’, without Jimmy.

These last few days have really made me look. And usually people say this when people they know die, but I actually understand it know.

Life is short, so you have to live big, seize the day.

James Owen Sullivan’s death would be the highlight of my year, in a not-so-good-way.

From,
innocent.minds
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you for the submissions! keep em coming!