Status: Please Send In Your Submissions! Keep The Faith.....

James Owen Sullivan, You Will Be Missed

Here's A Letter For Jimmy

James,
Hey dude, I just wanted to talk to you. I know that you’re gone, but I still won’t accept it. I guess I’m still in a horrible state of shock, that probably will never go away. When I found out, at 2 am the 29th, I literally laughed, because I thought that my best friend was playing a sick horrible joke. I was half asleep, and I told her, “No he’s not dead, He’s immortal, he drank the blood remember”. Then she told me to go online, and I think that’s when I really felt that she wasn’t faking. I jumped out of my bed and ran to my living room where my laptop was innocently sleeping; not knowing what horrible news it would show me in just a few short minutes. I broke down, the minute, I saw not only on your myspace page, put on other news sites. I just stared at the screen and cried for an hour. This could not be happening. Than yesterday, morning after I finally fell asleep, my Avenged Sevenfold sweatshirt wrapped tightly around my body, I felt numb. I felt like I was dreaming. I just sat and listened to Avenged and Pinkly Smooth, just taking in your talent, crying my eyes out. I still can’t muster up the straight to pop in any one of my DVD’s or watch a music video of yours, knowing that, no one will ever see the sparkle in your eyes again. Almost everyone I know, who was a fan is suffering, you were a part of a huge family. The Fallen is full of brothers and sisters morning the lost of the big brother we looked up to. I can’t even begin to imagine what the other boys must be feeling. What pain Matt and Jason Berry are going through. What Val, your guardian angel, feels. And what your gorgeous wife Leana must be going through.
You were a beautiful soul. A best friend too many; A brother. It kills me to know that you are no longer around. I wish that I had gotten to meet you once. To hug you, the gentle giant of the group. To tell you what I told Mat and Zacky once before. That you are one of my heroes. You touched so many lives, saved thousands of souls. You were an amazing artist. Your drum work had no comparison, and that scares me. I’m afraid that the boys will never find another drummer that would be good enough to even try to fill your shoes, and I think that now the fans and the boys need the music more than ever. I know that you would want them to keep the music alive and strong.
I will never be able be able to tell you how much you have meant in my life, and many other people won’t be able to tell you. If there is a god, he made one of the most terrible mistakes. He took a soul, who wasn’t ready to leave, who wasn’t done saving lives.

I don't belong here, I gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife
’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here
Got nothing against you and surely I'll miss you
This place full of peace and light, and I’d hope you might
take me back inside when the time is right

Dec. 30th 2009
Sarah Ashley Steiner
<3 The Fallen
♠ ♠ ♠
wow! keep em' coming!