The Past is Best Forgotten

You wrote this song?

Bri woke up the next morning, very excited about the new Panic CD. She woke up, got dressed, and got in the car, rushing to Ryan's house. She went to the front door and opened it hurriedly, going to his room and inviting herself in.

Ryan was sleeping, since it happened to be six in the morning, and was not too excited to be woken by a naturally hyper Bri.

"Wake up, Ry! I want to be at the store before it opens!" Bri said as she shook her boyfriend. All that Ryan did was groan and turn over, not wanting to get up.

Bri stopped shaking him, realizing that he wouldn't budge... then she thought of something that would wake him up.

"Ryan," she said, sitting down on the bed. "I have some bad news. Pete said that your CD sucked, so it won't come out today, in fact, it will never come out. He said that it sucked that much."

Ryan, not at all believing what Bri had said, sat up and looked at her drowsily. "That is bullshit," he said to her.

"I know, but it got you to get up," she said with a smile.

Ryro rolled his eyes. "Now, why do we have to get to the store before it opens?"

"So we can be the first to get your CD!" she said, the excitement making her hyper.

"I thought it wasn't coming out 'cause it sucked," Ryan said, smirking a bit.

She frowned. "I was just joking..."

Ryan was still smirking. He was having fun messing with her head. "I don't think you were."

Bri frowned. "But..." She quit talking and just hit him. "Quit messing with me!"

He laughed. "But it's so fun! Why shouldn't I?"

"It makes me confused!" she said.

"Exactly," Ryan said.

Bri frowned even more. "Your mean... now get dressed so we can go to the store."

He laughed. "Ok."

An hour later, they had just gotten back to the car from the store. Immediately, Bri started to rip open the CD with a large grin on her face. She got the wrapping off then opened the case and took out the CD.

She put the CD in the player and then the music started playing. Bri started dancing around in her seat. “Ryan! This is awesome!”

Ryan laughed. “You haven’t even heard thirty seconds of it, Bri.”

“So? It’s my favorite band of all time and not because you’re in it.” She then got out the booklet cover and started to look at it, still grinning.

Ryan then started to back out of the parking space and left for his house thirty minutes away.

When they got to his house, Bri grabbed the CD and ran into his house and put it inside his large stereo, then sat on the couch as the music blared through the room.

In the kitchen, Ryan shook his head at his easily excited girlfriend. He had to admit, though. It is one of the reasons he loved her.

Once the twelfth song started, Bri immediately noticed it. She ran into the kitchen, were Ryan was enjoying a strawberry shortcake. “Hey, Ryan? Does this song sound familiar to you?”

“Yes, considering it’s my band song?” he said with a smile. “Why is it familiar to you?”

She looked at him. “You knew that I was singing one of your songs, didn’t you?”

He nodded, taking a bite of strawberry. “Yes.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” she asked.

“I knew you would find out,” he said. “Hey, why don’t you skip to the last song? You might find it familiar, too.”

She ran to the stereo and skipped to the last song. The few notes played and she immediately knew it as “Mad as Rabbits.” She ran into the kitchen and said, “You wrote this song?”

Ryan nodded.

“Cool,” Bri said, then snatched Ryan’s dessert.

“Hey, what was that for?” Ryan asked. Bri just shrugged and took a large bite.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me so long. I've totally had a mental block with this story.

Can everybody help me with ideas? Just add an idea if you can on your comment.