Status: fini

Trapped

1/2

Cold. That was the numbing sensation that surrounded Jasmine Renolds. The young girl had just walked out of The Blank Spot, a coffe shop that was close to her apartment. The warm drink she had finished had not helped against the biting December air as she adjusted her jacket and moved her scarf in front of her mouth and nose.

Spending a Saturday night alone was usual for her because she had recently moved to Vancouver from her hometown and she really only knew six people so far.

Carrying on down the street towards the park, she had just crossed the open mouth of a dark, ominous alley that three young men had ducked into when they saw her coming. They seemed to be watching/following a skittish and slightly paranoid men that was speed walking towards the park and looking over his shoulder every few steps.

Have you ever been in a situation where you know something bad is about to happen but you are compelled to stay because of your curiosity? That was one of the many emotions flying through the womans body as she stepped closer to the alley.

Every hair on the back of her neck was standing on end and she was becoming quite jittery herself.

The second she passed the alley's looming entrance, the feeling got worse. Footsteps of three men and the pounding of her pulse were the only things she could hear as she kept her eyes on the man ahead, hoping he would turn around again.

"Yo, you think we should pound this chicken or let him fly the coop?" came a deep voice from directly behind her.

"Boss said we can't let this asshole go, we gotta keep him quiet." said another voice to the right.

"We got a witness now so if the jerk off trys anything she'll be in the way." chuckled the first voice, as if he knew what would happen beyond the gates of the park.

Jasmine's eye's were wide as hundreds of possible scenarios sped through her mind. How could she get out of this? What did these guys want from the man ahead of her and why they claimed to need a witness.

The gates of the park passed overhead and she could still hear the men behind her but the man in front had slowed to a stop and was now standing motionless in front of a fountain. Inside her pocket she flipped her phone open and dialed, what she hoped was, 911. This night was not going to end well.

As she approached the skittish man she began turning to the right, towards the direction of her apartment praying to god that she wouldn't have to press the send button on her phone.

"Hey bitch, where the hell do you think you're goin'" yelled a new voice.

She froze. she hit send as she slowly turned towards the men. The guy at the fountain was still staring into the moonlit waters, seemingly unaware of everything around him.

As she turned and faced everyone, she noticed that the three who were following her were all wearing bandanas and hat.

"Oh, shit," she thought. " They're in a gang"

"Let her go, she doesn't know anything," said the man at the fountain.

"Ya, but you do so shut the fuck up and we'll make sure she gets home somewhat safe tonight," said the man with the deep voice as he looked her up and down and winked, making Jasmine's skin crawl.

"He must be their 'leader'" she figured.

"That's not the way this is gonna work," growled the previously jumpy man who had apparently found some confidence. "She goes unharmed and you assholes go back to your boss and tell him I'm out and he'll get his information."

"Or what, Luke?" challenged the leader with a curious look in his steel blue eyes.

Luke turned around to face his followers with a sinister and knowing smile on his face. He slowly raised his right hand. Moonlight glinted off the metal of the handgun as the man pressed it against his temple with confidence.

"Or no one knows what happened,"
♠ ♠ ♠
tell me what you think. please and thank you!