Status: fini

Trapped

2/2

Fear is a curious emotion. As Luke watched the reaction of his pursuers to the dangerous situation he had put himself in, he saw one thing take control of their ignorant bodies. Fear.

Jasmine watched the man in horror. He was so confident in himself, he believed that the other three would back down. Somewhere deep down Jasmine knew that at least one of the people in this park wasn't going to make it home tonight.

"Wh-What does this have to do with me?" she spoke in a numb voice.

"This has nothing to do with you so leave before one of these assholes makes you stay," Luke stated. "in a sad little attempt to save themselves." he added as he saw the look the leader shot her way.

The lead man made a move towards her, completely disregarding Luke's warning.

"Stop before you get hurt." threatened Luke.

The man paused for a second. "Fuck you!" he yelled back as he started towards her again.

BANG

The fearless leader crumpled into a screaming heap.

'MY KNEE! YOU FUCKING BASTARD! YOU SHOT MY GODDAMN KNEE!" he shouted as blood began to spurt in Jasmines direction.

She cringed in fear as fresh, hot blood met her leg, quickly soaking her jeans. Silent, fat tears began falling from her glassy eyes.

Luke once again pointed the gun to his own head and stared down the remaining two men, silently challenging them. The farthest one from Jasmine took one look at the crimson blood staining the sidewalk and ran.

"Make your choice," snarled the man with the gun, and therefore, the power.

The last man visibly gulped. With wide, scared eyes he shakily pulled a switchblade from his back pocket.

"I have to bring you back," he said in a surprisingly steady voice. "The boss will kill me if I don't."

"Everybody"s gotta die sometime," Luke stated.

WHREEE WHREEE

"Shit, cops!" cursed the gangster as he made his way towards Luke.

With one final glance, Luke stared at Jasmine who was frozen in fear and his only thought was She doesn't deserve this. She has to leave.

Run, he mouthed at the frightened young woman.

That was all she needed. Jasmine turned on her heel and sprinted as fast as possible in her heeled boots. If there was one thing she would remember about that night, it would be the way the final gunshot drowned out every other noise, the man screaming and the sirens, for what felt like hours.

Jasmine never looked back. To this day, she never found out who died.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it! chapter kinda sucks but whatever. comment
:)