Reckless

Five Minutes

“Joey!”

Silence.

“Joey!”

Again, silence.

“Joey fucking Hansen!”

“What the fuck? I’m trying to piss! Can it not wait five minutes?!”

“It takes you five minutes to piss?”

Joey huffed and quickly flushed the toilet, pulling up her black ripped shorts and storming to the door. She opened it only to be greeted with the sight of Jacoby, who looked oddly thoughtful.

“Can I help you?” she glared. She couldn’t get five minutes of peace around here.

He smiled, “Why yes, you can.”

Joey watched him expectantly, waiting for him to continue. He did nothing but smile at her in a creepy manner, which after a few minutes Joey grew tired of and shoved him out of the way.

He pouted, “That’s not nice!”

Joey rolled her eyes and walked down the stairs, calling for her sister.

“Zoey? Zoey where are you at?”

She heard a giggle from the living room and immediately knew where her sister was. The guys didn’t giggle like that, she hoped, anyway. She had known the guys for about a year now, yet she still didn’t feel like she could decipher their actions.

For the most part, anyway.

Joey stood, leaning on the doorway to the living room and crossed her arms, watching her sister and Tobin. It was cute, really, the way she acted around him. The two had been going out for months before graduation, which was a few weeks ago, and Joey would always watch them in awe. They acted like they’d been going out for much longer, despite only being 18.

Young love was something Joey had never really experienced. Only young lust.

There was a bit of a difference.

Zoey’s black hair, streaked with pink swished around her face as she shook her head, disagreeing with something Jerry had said. The end of the tattoo on her right arm could be seen, and part of the same tattoo on her back shown from underneath her white tank top. The start of the tattoo couldn’t be seen on her left arm, since she was leaning on Tobin, who had an arm around her shoulders. It was a black mamba, wrapping around her entire back. Joey knew how painful it was for her sister to get that tattoo, but both thought it was worth it in the end.

Zoey had a much more intimidating look than her sister, in Joey’s opinion.

Joey’s dark brown hair came down just past her shoulders, a golden blonde layer underneath extending it another couple inches or so. Her tattoos weren’t visible, and she planned to keep it that way. She loved them, yes, but other people would think she was a wimpy fruitcake if they saw them.

Jacoby was a terrible influence. Him and his crazy ideas.

She could almost hear him, telling her what she should get for tattoos a few months back…

“Kangaroos! Get kangaroos!”

“What the fuck? Why?”

“Because your name is Joey! Baby kangaroos are joeys…you know…”


Joey shook her head at the memory. She could picture that puppy dog look on his face as he explained his reasoning to her.

The boy was a bit much, sometimes.

Joey waltzed carelessly into the room, pretending like she wasn’t just spacing off moments ago. She sat on the arm of the chair Jerry was in and slapped him, hard, on the back.

Jerry winced and rubbed his now sore back, “Nice to see you too, Joey.”

Joey smiled innocently at him and turned her head to look at her sister, “Did you want something?”

Zoey nodded against Tobin’s chest, “Yeah. I sent Coby up to get you.”

Dave looked around, confused, from his spot on the floor near the chair Jerry and Joey were in.

“Where is that fucker?”

All eyes turned to Joey, who shrugged, “I dunno. I thought he followed me down here.”

“Greetings, my fellow gentlemen! And gentle ladies.”

Joey playfully rolled her eyes as Jacoby winked at the end of his sentence. Zoey untangled herself from Tobin and patted the seat next to her, which Jacoby gladly took.

“Did you know it takes Joey five minutes to piss?” Jacoby said randomly.

Jerry shifted away from Joey and gave her a strange look while Dave stared at her, amazed.

Joey slapped Jerry on the arm and huffed at Jacoby, “I do not!”

Tobin scratched the back of his head, speaking for the first time since Joey entered the room, “I believe it.”

Joey stared at Tobin, her mouth wide open in fake shock. Zoey laughed at her sister, finding amusement in using Jacoby to torture her.

Joey narrowed her eyes at Jacoby, though a smile was on her face, “Look what you’ve done!”

“My bad,” he shrugged sheepishly.

“So when are we leaving again? I don’t remember,” Zoey asked, rather randomly.

“Two days,” Jerry answered.

“Which means we have a day to pack, and a day to par-tay!” Dave cheered, pumping his fists in the air.

Jacoby got up and ran over to Dave, giving him a high five, “Yeah!”

“Well me and Zoe don’t have to worry about packing, so we get two days to party,” Joey said, sticking her tongue out.

Jacoby pointed an accusing finger at her, “Hey! Don’t stick that out unless you plan on using it!”

Dave wiggled his eyebrows, “I’m sure she does.”

Joey gasped, “I do not!”

“Then put it away!” Jerry laughed, reaching up to grab Joey’s tongue.

Joey grimaced, “Ew! I don’t know where your hands have been!”

“In his pants,” Jacoby nodded.

“And you know this because?” Tobin asked.

“He was there when it happened, of course,” Zoey answered.

Jacoby giggled like a school girl and sat on Joey, leaning over to ruffle Jerry’s short hair, “You know it!”

“Get off me, fatass!” Joey laughed, trying to shove Jacoby off.

Jacoby wiggled himself around on her legs, causing her to groan in pain, “Do you like touching my ass?”

Joey stopped shoving him almost immediately, “No!”

“I think you do!” Zoey laughed, winking at her sister.

“I think she does too,” Dave agreed, shoving a handful of chips in his mouth.

Jerry stared at him, “Where did you get chips?”

“Your mom.”

“Oh burn!” Jacoby yelled in Jerry’s face.

Joey successfully shoved Jacoby off, causing him to fall on the floor, right on Dave’s bag of chips.

“Fucker!” Dave shouted, slapping Jacoby across the face. This caused the two to get in a slap fight and roll around on the floor, crushing the chips more and making a mess all over the carpet.

Joey sighed and shook her head, “I am not cleaning that up.”
♠ ♠ ♠
new story! Papa Roach style. I love those guys.

sorry it's a bit short, but it's also the first chapter. so meh.

comments? :)