My Heart's on Fire Like the Colours in Her Hair

Valentine's Day

Over the next few weeks Alison and I continued to meet up on a regular basis. It was always the same. Starting with coffee and ending, usually, with the screeching of Lizzie’s car tyres. Most of the time Alison and I planned our days so that it would fit in with Lizzie’s university hours so that Alison could be picked up by her.

I didn’t know what to make of our relationship, if you could call it that. Since that first, blissful kiss between us, we shared sweet little short kisses, well, sometimes not so short, and Alison seemed to be happy in my company, but we hadn’t really sat down and talked about where we were headed.
I know what I wanted. God, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Alison, but, I have no idea what Alison herself is expecting from me. I still don’t know what she even sees in me.

She is so incredibly talented, both musically and personality wise. As soon as she walks into the room it seems as if the world gets just that much better.
Me, all I have is an apparently good singing voice.

I wanted to do something though. Something to show her how special she is to me, and, luckily, Valentine’s Day was fast approaching.
I had it all planned out in my head, I just needed to get everything organised.

So, here I am, four days later, sitting on the bonnet of my car, waiting for Alison to finish school. I heard the bell ring and about ten minutes later I saw Alison approach, the bouquet of gerberas which I had sent to the school clutched in her hands. She had a huge grin on her face and bounded up to me, kissing me on the cheek before tightly hugging me, making a high pitched squealing sound.

“Happy Valentine’s Day!! Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!!” She repeated over and over while jumping up and down. I laughed at her enthusiasm and told her to get in the car.
We drove to the movie’s, where I had bought us gold class tickets to go see the Mighty Boosh movie.

Alison was practically bursting with excitement as we entered the theatre and wouldn’t stop jumping up and down in her seat. When the movie came on however, she stopped squealing and instead the quiet of the cinema was randomly punctuated by Alison’s giggles. At one stage Alison looped her arm through mine and rested her head on my shoulder. My heart skipped several beats as I kissed on top of her head and felt her cuddle in closer to me.

After the movie, we headed to a restaurant where I had booked us dinner.

You do not want to know how much money I had spent on this day.

It was just as I had imagined it. Candle lit dinner, pasta, of course. When desert arrived I gave Alison her final Valentine’s present, a white gold necklace with a bass guitar pendent, studded with small green gems. Her squeal was so high pitched that the glasses rattled. She quickly put it on and reached across the table, pulling me into a passionate kiss before sitting back and pulling out a small wrapped box.

“Here, happy Valentine’s Day.” She announced, passing me the box.
To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I was not expecting anything from her. Just being in her presence was a good enough present for me.

Smiling bigger than I had in a while, I carefully took off the wrapping and opened the box. I gasped as I saw the contents of the box.

It was a silver ring with a red, circular gem in the middle, with delicate engraved swirls beginning at either side of the gem and fanning out. As I took the ring out of the box, I noticed the engraving on the inside of the ring.

It said, Happy V-Day, Love, Ali.

Putting on the ring, I looked back up at Alison with tears in my eyes and whispered a thankyou before standing and going over to hug her.

Pulling away slightly, with my arms still around her, I asked nervously, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Definitely.” Alison giggled before kissing me once more.

This has been, officially, the best day of my life.

Driving Alison home that night, I pulled up outside of her house and gave her a kiss goodnight.
“You’re amazing, you know that right?” I called out to her as she walked towards her front door.
“You’re amazing and beautiful.” She replied, walking backwards and then heading into her house with another goodnight thrown over her shoulder.

I have always had trouble trusting people, and I have never had high self esteem, never thought of myself as anything special. But when it comes to Alison, I truly believe it when she tells me I’m beautiful and amazing.
I think I’m in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
AN:Hmm, what should I give people for commenting?? I know!! Virtual Giant Panda for all the sexy people who comment!!