My Heart's on Fire Like the Colours in Her Hair

Coffee Addict

I woke up abruptly and shielded my eyes against the stark white, violently bright sky.

"Someone pull the fucking shades." I mumbled and attempted to roll over, promptly falling off whatever I was lying on and onto the road below.

"Fuck...."

"Hayley! They found her! Get your ass up now!" I jerked my head up to meet Zac's frantic face so quickly I heard my neck crack.
Not that I cared.
I got up and almost ran into the wall of the shelter before Zac practically picked me up and threw me in the general direction of an ambulance.

I noticed the coloured stripes of Alison's snow pants.

"ALISON!" I rabbit hopped over the few rescue workers in my way and grabbed Alison's gorgeous face with my hands.

"Alison...." Her eyes were closed and her face was blue. She was so cold, I could practically see my tears freezing on her cheeks as they landed.

"Miss, I need you to stand back, you're friend has severe hypothermia and we need to get her to the hospital as soon as we can." I stared angrily at the paramedic trying to save my Alison's life. Go figure.

"I'm coming with you."

"I'm sorry but...."

"She's my girlfriend! I'm fucking coming with you, you arrogant prick! Do you have any idea how much she means to me?! You're a fucking...!"

I felt a strong hand cover my mouth and an arm around my waist, pulling me away.

"Geez Hayley!" Zac cried as I bit into his palm.

"I'm not leaving her!"

"We'll follow behind in my car. The docs need space to help her. Think reasonably."

I began to sulk.

~

Waiting rooms sucked.
I'd been in here for over two hours, waiting to hear something, anything about Ali.
I hadn't heard anything about Katherine either, but Lizzie was running around like a mad hatter all over the hospital.
I think I'd seen her drink about five cups of coffee since she was given a crutch.
Get this, she had a broken arm, broken ankle and an IV in her arm, yet she was still shooting through the corridors at 100 km/h. She apparently couldn't sit still and had bought me about four salads, two coffees and a hot chocolate from the canteen three flights down to keep herself amused.

Beverages and food remain untouched needless to say.

Speak of the devil.

"Here's some coffee, thought you might want it, extra sugar. FUCK! It's the warden again, she's hot on my ass. Doesn't want me on coffee apparently, trying to give me a sedative they say. WELL NO FUCKING LUCK DUCK! I'M THE FUCKING GINGERBREAD MAN!"

After screaming the last choice words at the nurse storming down the corridor, vein thumping in her head, she also threw back an "ALISON SHOULD BE OUT WITHIN THE HOUR! I BRIBED SOME HOT DOC WITH MY SEX APPEAL!"

Crazy, but effective.

I sighed and looked back at the clock on the wall. What could be taking so long? She was only a bit cold wasn't she?
Just chuck her in a nice warm bath, I'd get her going again. I smirked as sexy thoughts entered my head and finally took a sip of some coffee.

[i[Might as well be awake when she gets out....
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short. And that it's taken ages, but I actually forgot about this fic hahaha...ah.
I know I suck, and I apologise immensely. I felt so bad that I wrote this, though I am half asleep and shall post more of it tomorrow.
I promise.
Leave me lots of comments to remind me!!
I love you all and thank-you dearly for not unsubscribing. I know this chapter sucks a bit, but I promise the next one will be better.

LOVE!!!!