Reverend In Peace

My Fallen Hero

When I heard of Jimmy's death, it was pretty late, about three or four o'clock in the morning yesterday.

I was on Mibba, and I clicked on the Stories link at the top of the page, and I was scrolling down, and I saw a one-shot about him. I didn't really think anything of it, but I love him, so I read it, and at the bottom it said something along the lines of "Jimmy will live on through his fans and those who love him. R.I.P. Jimmy. I love you."

At first, I'm not even sure what I was feeling, besides shock, but, then I kind of guessed that it was a joke.

I mean, hey, who doesn't look for attention these days? But, my paranoid self kicked in, and I went to Google, and I typed in his name, and the second thing that popped us was "Jimmy Sullivan death." My heart skipped a beat, and I clicked on it, and read three or four different reports, making sure it wasn't just a rumor.

Next thing I know, I'm crying and freaking out.

I sent a text to my best friend, whom I recently turned on to Avenged Sevenfold's music, and my boyfriend, who got me into them. I told them, and of course, they didn't get back to me until later that afternoon, but still, they were both shocked, and they both thought I was joking.

In all honesty, Jimmy was my hero. He was crazy, he was funny, he was who he was, and he wasn't going to change. He was a great drummer, and his voice is amazing. He was definitely one of my greatest heroes. No, in fact, he still is one of my greatest heroes. Even though he's not with us, he's still alive in every one of his fans. He will live on through us, forever, until the end.

I don't know him personally, and this hit me hard. I can't even imagine what his wife and the band are going through right now. I know it's incredibly hard for them now, but I hope they can make it through. This is one terrible way to end the year of 2009 for them.

Even now, it hurts to look in the mirror and see the Avenged Sevenfold necklace I never take off, because it reminds me of my fallen hero. I truly love him, even though I never have met him, it was one of my life's dreams to meet Avenged Sevenfold, and now, if I even do, it will hurt me greatly, because I will never meet James Owen Sullivan. my hero, my god, my Rev. <3

Rest in peace forever, Jimmy. I love you. We love you. ♥
♠ ♠ ♠
Submitted by: Life Starts Now.
Thank you.