Reverend In Peace

A ***ing Legend

Regarding Jimmy's funeral: "It seemed like there were about six hundred people there to at goodbye to Jimmy. He made everyone feel like they were a best friend. I will remember dearly drinking champagne and smoking cigars with him at Sonisphere '09. I have lost a friend and the world has lost a great man"

- Jamie Oliver, Lostprophets

"Really sad news.This is a tragic turn of events, he will be mourned by many"
-Slash, Velvet Revolver

"Fuck' said Frank Iero, MCR, 'I'm at a loss. Rest in peace, Rev, you will be missed"

Zakk Wylde wrote: "God bless The Rev and his family. He's rollin' with Dime and co in God's Tavern"

Doc Coyle, God Forbid guitarist said:

"I just wanted to send our deepest condolences on behalf of God Forbid. We got to know Jimmy and the rest of the band when we took A7X out on tour in 2002. They've continued to treat us with warmth and respect over the years since their meteoric rise. This is a true tragedy, and he will be missed greatly."

To Kerrang, Benji Madden, a guitarist in Good Charlotte said:

"This isn't something i've had to deal with a lot in my life, so it doesn't really feel real. Last night a prayer mass service was held by Jimmy's family. Afterwards we went to Shadow's house and had a few drinks, telling our best Jimmy stories and we laughed until we cried. Stories we couldn't tell in church, stories that sound like exaggerations but they aren't. he was rock 'n' roll through and through. he was one of the greats. One of those souls that come along so rarely and just touches every single person around him.
If you happened to spend an evening with The Rev,well, you were best friends for life after that. I must have heard at least 50 people call Jimmy their best friend last night. And they meant it.
Lovable is a great word to describe Jimmy. Endearing. Kind hearted. Carefree. A fucking legend,"

"I'm just talking about the kid who, as Shadows recalled, took communion in a 'Slayer Fucking Slayer' T-shirt when he was 12, dancing up the church aisle the whole way, making all the kids laugh. I'm talking about the guy that who stood up to his all time musical hero, for talking disrespectfully to his best friend's girl. He doesn't judge people. Rev didn't have a bad bone in his body. That quality... It is impossible to describe, he was just born with it. That's just The Rev.

"I took you for granted, Rev," he continues. "I took for granted being able to hang with you at the family get-togethers and holidays over the years. I took for granted watching you play drums. I took for granted our conversations. And fuck man, watching you play drums! You want to love music? Watch The Rev play drums. Listen to him play on a demo. Listen to him play on a record.

"Good Charlotte and A7X are more than just bands," says Benji. "We are family. We celebrate each other's lives together, holidays, weddings, kids being born. Successes and failures. Jimmy is at the heart and soul of all of it. He has taught me more then anyone I ever met in any church. And now you get to live forever, Jimmy. You are one of the greats.

"See you on the other side Rev," he concludes. "We love you forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
A few more quotes from people who knew him.
His funeral was on the 6th as many of you know and the bands: Atreyu, MCR, Lostprophets and Good Charlotte attended.