Let The Walls Break Down

Dedication takes an lifetime, dreams only last for an night.

The next day, I woke up from the strangest dream. I had dreamt that I had gotten incredibly drunk at Derek’s party, and even ended up dancing with him. After that, someone had dragged me home, where I continued to puke my guts out. Whoever it was comforted me, pulling my hair back, and even tucking me into bed. The person remained hazy in my mind, but he had this familiar scent that I couldn’t put my finger on..

My eyes fluttered open, waking from my slumber. As soon as I opened them, the sun overwhelmed my sight, sending harsh rays of light through my eyes. Well, that was an bad idea. My head pounded, like someone was hammering it. I couldn’t remember anything at all. I didn’t even remember coming home. I opened my eyes again, only to find someone lying down beside me. Alex. He was still sound asleep, with his arms wound tight around my waist.

What the hell? Why was Alex in my house, in my bed, hugging me for dear life? Oh god couldn't be....I lifted the covers, only to find that we were still both wearing last nights clothes, but just too make sure. “Alex?” I asked, poking the side of his arm. He opened his eyes, an look of disorientation crossing over his face. Then he looked at me. “What happened last night?” I asked, almost afraid to know the answer. My head pounded again, the slightest sound caused it to go into overdrive.

He shrugged, stretching his arms, “We were at the party, and I found you completely wasted and dancing with Derek. I brought you home after that.” I snapped my head, shaking. I didn’t remember that. The last thing that I recalled was seeing Jack… I gulped again, forcing the tears to die down. “Nothing happened between us right?” I said, changing the subject.

Alex shook his head, “Nothing at all. I did get to watch you puke for an hour straight.” I snapped my eyes shut, massaging my temples. I didn’t know what I was thinking last night. All I knew was that alcohol would help me forget, but instead, it made me do stupid things, engraving last night’s events even deeper in my head. How could I have been so stupid? Without warning, the tears started sliding down my cheeks uncontrollably. Alex sat up, alarmed. Great, the last thing I needed was to freak him out. “Hey, it’s ok, I was only joking. I promise nothing happened.” He pulled me towards him, rubbing my back.

“No, it's not.” I said between sobs, “I was so stupid. I got drunk, danced with Derek, and also agreed to go on a double date with Brittany and Bryce, which I never would've done if I was sober, because I know how much you hate seeing them together, but I just wasn't..." I knew I was blabbering, but the words pouring from my mouth were unstoppable. Alex looked at me with sympathetic eyes, comforting me.

"Shh, it's okay Tori. Don't worry about me, I can handle it. Now why don't you rest,and i'll take care of everything, ok? " I nodded, already surrendering to the mention of sleep. Laying down, I fell into an deep slumber. I was zonked for what seemed like hours, when someone pounded heavily on my front door. Thinking it was just some salesman, I tossed in my bed, ignoring whoever it was. The pounds got heavier. I sighed, and got up.

The house was empty, so I figured Alex left already. Sighing, I opened the door, "What do you-" I stopped mid-sentence when I saw the familiar yellow streaked hair greet me. Jack stood at my front step, his eyes bloodshot as if he'd been drinking. Suddenly, I became acutely aware of my sorroundings, "Jack? What happened to you? Are you drunk?" He leaned at my doorframe for support, answering my third question. "You shouldn't be here, you're trashed."

"NO!" He said stubbornly, "I came here to tell you something Tori. I've been such a pussy about this for the longest time, but I-"

"Tori?" An voice from inside my house called. Alex walked up beside me.

"Alex?" Jack said, his voice sounding more sober.

Jack's eyes wandered from me to Alex, and back to me again. Frowning, he turned around and walked off. "Wait, Jack!" I said, grabbing his arm. He shook me off, hatred seething from his eyes, "No, your right Tori, I shouldn't have come here." He walked off, leaving me completely speechless. My heart sank to the floor, shattering to a million pieces. I felt sick, like someone ran over me with a bus, again, and again....I almost fell to the ground, but luckily Alex caught me.

"Shhh, it'll be alright, Tori."

If only he was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while, but I do intend on finishing this story.