Adventures Of The Sixth Signer

Chapter One

The skies were dull. There was no sunlight. The streets were bare. The only sign of life I managed to see were small groups of people, but even that was rare. Then again, I would assume something like this happened every day in this place.
But why am I here?
I still can't remember much, I woke up in the middle of the street with no idea of where I was until I got a good look at my surroundings. I'm still somewhat shocked.
I check my pockets again, just to make sure... good. everything's still intact. My deck's safe. But I have to hide my duel disk in the knapsack that I carry. I can't let Sector Security spot it, let alone let myself be spotted. Otherwise it's off to the facility for me.
But I never go down without a fight. I always seem to take the hard way out of things.
I nearly trip on a large crack in one of the roads. Damn this place... why is everything so wrecked? I growl and kick a piece of stone back down the way I came. Sighing, I glance up at the sky again. It look almost a dingy brown color. Smoke is rising from some abaondoned buildings and warehouses. That must be the reason why this place has the atmosphere that it does.
I decide to sneak over into a deserted alley to check my deck again. One card in particular catches my eye- Victory Dragon. Its beautiful golden hue gives off a shine so glorious and mighty. It looks fearless and strong. To me, it reminds me of that egyptian god card, The Winged Dragon Of Ra. Well, almost, anyway. I manage a fain smile. At least my deck still gives me faith. It would need to while I'm stuck here.
Walking back out and resuming my pace, I wonder about everything this place had to go through, and why it remains in this situation that it is.
My thoughts are interrupted by sirens in the distance. Has Sector Security found me? I shoot my head up to look, my auburn hair covering my face and my azure eyes wide.
I see them. They've spotted me.
I ignore their cries and shouts as I sprint away down the streets. I can't let myself get captured.
Wait... why am I running? Am I really afraid of these people?
I choose not to answer my own question. Right now, all I care about is getting away. I hear the sirens getting closer. I run faster. I can hear their voices getting louder, but I can't stop now. My main priority is survival. That, and freedom.
I trip over the same small trench in the road that I passed eariler. I keep running, but I feel a weight's been lifted off of me...
Shit! I dropped my deck!
I go back. What can I do? I can't just leave the one thing that keeps me going. I hear them again... Sector Security's caught up again. I'm frozen in fear. I can only speed up my pace at assembling my deck again. But will there be enough time?
Time seems to slow down, almost. I see my Victory Dragon stuck in a hole. I can't reach it!
Wait... who's that in front of me?
His spiky black hair has bright golden streaks in various places, he's wearing a blue jacket with orange decorations, brown gloves and boots, and black jeans. He's on a duel runner.
Is he protecting me?
I need to get a closer look at him...

No... it can't be!

I hear the sirens fade away, along with the sounds of the engine from my savior's duel runner. I reach down again to pick up my Victory Dragon, and my hands finally graze its surface enough to grab it.
I place my deck back in my pocket and start running again. My legs feel so heavy... how long have I been running?
I feel light-headed... I can't go on.
But as I collapse, I feel a pair of arms catch me. I look up and see the person who saved me earlier.
It's him.
"You okay?" he asks me.
I don't have the energy to say anything, or to thank him, but enough to smile and nod.
I close my eyes and everything fades to black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like this mysterious person's adventure is just starting. But who was our newest hero saved by? And what lies in store for her next?