Adventures Of The Sixth Signer

Chapter Two

There it was... that dream again. I see the seven dragons fighting once more. They're all together, fightiing a great evil...
Wait... I recognize that one dragon now... it's...
Hold on... I hear voices again.
Am I okay?
Where am I...?

I open my eyes, my vision somewhat blurred until I get used to my surroundings once more. I'm no longer outside, but somewhere in what seems like a hideout. I look to my right to see a small boy with long, curly, messy orange hair covered by a yellow beanie hat, wearing a long blue shirt that looked quite too big for him. His eyes are friendly, and his smile large and genuine. His smile widens when he notices that I'm awake.
"Hey, you're okay! Glad to see you're awake." he replied happily. I smiled, managing a nod. I looked around some more, taking in where I was more.
"So what's your name?" the boy asked me. I turned towards him and returned his smile.
"It's Lee." I reply. "Lee Aiden." the boy smiled at me again.
"Nice to meetcha, Lee!" he replies. I smile, and attempt to sit up from where I'm currently laying, only to wince shortly after. The boy ushers me down again.
"Hey, hold on, Lee! You're not fully healed yet!" I sigh in response, laying down again. The boy looks at me for a bit, only to rush out the door shortly after.
"Hang on, alright? I'm gonna go get Yusei," he tells me, then disappears from sight.
I try to sit up again, only this time I'm sucessful. I begin to wonder just what it was that happened after I fainted, and how I might've ended up here. But one question lingers in my head more than any of those.
"Who's Yusei?" I ask myself aloud. I place a finger on my chin to ponder, and then it hits me. Could he be the person who rescused me back outside of the sattelite?
I soon hear voices coming from outside the door and start to think my questions might be answered. I hear the boy's voice from before speaking.
"...name's Lee, and she's really pretty, too! I like her! Are you gonna like her, Yusei?" I stifle a slight laugh at the questions the boy was asking. I then hear another voice come into the conversation.
"I might. I mean, she seems like a good person. I saw that she had a deck, too. So, she could be a duelist." I recognized that voice...
"But don'tcha think she's pretty, Yusei?" I laugh again, and turn away from the door to stare out the window. However, I hear footsteps approaching, and turn back to see the small boy from before, along with another person, who I assume must be Yusei.
Wait...
That's him! The boy who saved me!
"Yeah... she's pretty." my savior says quietly. I hide a blush, but quickly regain my composure and look towards him again.
"So, glad to see you're okay." Yusei looks at me and smiles after saying the following. I nod.
"I... never got the chance to thank you for saving me back there." I struggle to find the words, but manage to speak up. Yusei nods, and the small boy skips out of the room.
"So your name's Lee, huh?" Yusei asks me again. I nod.
"And you must be Yusei."
He laughs slightly, rubbing the back of his neck. I took this opportunity to take a better look at him from what I couldn't see before. Slightly tanned skin despite the sattelite's conditions, somewhat spiked black hair with several golden streaks that looked like lightning bolts cracking in the night sky. Dark blue eyes that shone even in the slightly darkened room. A serious expression that quickly turned into a friendly smile. His attire was a navy blue jacket with black lining and orange, semi-spherical decorations on the shoulders and sleeves, with tannish gloves and boots with somewhat identical decorations, and simple black pants.
He was quite handsome in my opinion.
I was soon brought out of my reverie by Yusei placing a hand on my shoulder. I looked at him again, the smile still present on his face. I lightly scoffed, making it sound like a laugh.
"Sorry 'bout that," I replied, casting my gaze downward.
"Hey, it's fine. Don't worry." Yusei tells me. "I'm just glad to know you're okay." I look back up at him, a smile now painted onto my features as well. He removes his hand from my shoulder only to pick up my bag from the floor and take my deck out from inside.
"So, are you a duelist?" he asks me. I shrug.
"I guess you could say that. I'm not all that good at it, but I know my way around a duel." I respond. Yusei chuckles lightly and starts to look through my deck. I move my legs from under the cotton sheets I'm laying under and gently swing them over the side of my bed, looking over his shoulder to see what he does. He stops at my Victory Dragon.
"Wow, I've never seen this card before," he whispers almost in awe. "Where'd you get it?"
I shrug lightly again. "I've had it for the longest time, I honestly can't remember much about it." I laugh. "But... I recall receiving it as a gift from my father... before he died, anyway." I said the last part in such a hushed whisper that I could barely hear it myself. He turns to look at me.
"Aw, sorry that happened." he responds. I lock my gaze with his, my smile turning serious.
"Did... your parents die too?" I questioned, only to slap a hand over my mouth right after it was asked. "Shit... I shouldn't have asked that..." Yusei smiled lightly again. It seemed to be a habit of his when he was around friends or people he trusted.
"No , it's fine." he said. "But yeah, my parents are gone, too." I snap my head back in his direction, noticing that he's looking down at the floor. I feel my eyes soften as I do something I never thought I'd do.
I reached for his hand and clasped it gently, giving it a reassuring squeeze.
"Hey... at least you're not alone in that situation." I tell him. He looks back at me and I see that familiar smile come back.
"Thanks, Lee."
I give him a warm smile, letting go of his hand but inching closer to his body in particular. Yusei proceeded to continue glancing through the cards in my deck while I hesitantly placed my chin on his shoulder. I could feel him relax and smile in reponse as we simply sat alone in the room, my deck serving as the perfect entertainment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like Lee has finally met her savior, Yusei. And it also looks like a friendship is beginning to start as well...