Status: Active bitches!

Lessons Learned

Chapter 1

The seemingly diminutive brunette hopped from foot to foot, waiting for her name to be called so she could step into the cage. This is what she lived for, something she never would have imagined herself doing before the fateful first date with the boy who shattered her heart. She wasn't paying any attention until she heard her cage entrance line.

"Fighting out of Huntington Beach, California, the small, the ferocious, TRINITY SANDERS!" She rolled her shoulders and walked down the small path, slipping into her focus point. The smile dropped once she stepped into the cage, she was ready, this is it.

The small girl circled her opponent warily, keeping her fists and up and her senses sharp. The other woman was blonde, and taller, probably by about three inches. That wouldn't be a problem, the brunette had seen her fight before, and the larger woman was sluggish and weak. She shouldn't be here, she was a mockery among the other fighters in the club, and the UFC world itself, even during practice matches. Everyone knew how this was going to end, the brunette might be smaller, but she was quick, and she was vicious.

She lunged. The taller woman never even expected the younger girl to make the first move, and especially not with the force she exerted. The first hit was a textbook right hook, landing square on her jaw. It was over from the moment it started. The blonde managed a few lucky hits, but tapped out within five minutes. The brunette was impressed, she had lasted longer than she thought she would. She grinned around her mouth guard as her arm was raised by the Ref, signalling her victory.


Trinity's POV

I grinned around the piece of plastic in my mouth, letting the ref grab my arm and raise it high. I was running high on adrenaline, even though the fight lasted less than a full round. I stepped out of the ring and allowed my coach to scoop me up into a hug, knowing he would be mindful of the few injuries I had acquired from the short bout. I giggled and pulled my mouth guard from my teeth once he put me down,

"Max, that was too easy!" He laughed and slung an arm around my shoulders as we made our way into the locker room.

"I know darlin', not get showered and changed, I'm sure you want to call your Dad." I smiled at the thought of my father, I hadn't seen him in almost three months, he was in the middle of the Taste of Chaos tour. I had just recently turned 18, and my MMA career was just starting to take off, so I decided to stay in Huntington and train.

The last two years have been a wild ride to say the least. After Mitch left, I was a disaster. I wouldn't talk, refused to eat, and stayed in bed for two months, until I heard Aja talking to Jimmy one day about how she though I was gonna die, since I was so sad. It hit me hard, and snapped me out of my funk. I called all my friends and made them come over and help me re-decorate my room, to start fresh. I started training again, getting myself back in shape, getting my grades back on track so I could graduate on time with my friends. Walking across that stage to get my diploma was the best feeling, besides fighting, in the world. I was done with school, I had never belonged there. I dance and I fight, that's me. Mistey and Blaze are currently working in LA at Warner Bros, Sarah and Blaike left right after graduation to do Missions work in Africa, last I heard they were on their way to Uganda. Evan, my awesome little fairy, is my manager, has been since we decided to forget about Forgotten Memories (haha, that was funny...) Zacky and Corra, along with Brian and Lynnie, had their kids. Zander William Baker and Carmen Annabelle Haner are incredibly amazing two years olds, they are completely inseparable and should have been twins. Aja is five now, and loving being able to go to school. I haven't talked to Mitch since he left, and I don't plan on ever doing so again. Last I saw him was a year ago at a Seattle area show with the guys, I ran into him downtown, he was with his wife and daughter. Caught up? Good.

I stepped into the shower, letting the hot water soothe my aching muscles, before washing quickly and stepping out, wrapping a towel around myself. I walked into the main area of the locker room and padded over to my bag, digging my phone out and dialing a familiar number. I put the phone to my ear while it rang, and smiled when my favorite voice came over the line,

"Hey baby girl!"

"Hi Daddy! How are you? How was the show last night?"

"It went great, Pittsburgh is always a good crowd. Congrats on your fight, Evan already called and told everyone." I smiled as I chatted with my dad, letting the comfort of his voice wash over me. This was the longest I had been away from him, I had just turned 18 right before they left, and I missed him.

"So when are you gonna be flying out?" I grinned as I pulled on underwear and shimmied into my jeans,

"I told you Dad, I'm flying out tomorrow and see you at the show in Rhode Island in a few days." He laughed, and I could picture him grinning and nodding into the phone.

"I know, I know, we just all miss you. Its been too long."

"Believe me Daddy, I know. It sucks that I can only stay for a week though." I finished getting dressed and grabbed my bag, slinging it over my shoulder while walking out the door. Evan appeared out of nowhere and fell into step behind me, speaking into his Bluetooth and typing away on his BlackBerry at the same time.

"Hey, we told you to stay for the entire tour." I groaned,

"Dad, you know why I can't do that. Besides, you'll only be gone for another week after I leave, we'll have two weeks after that to spend time together before my next fight." I dug my keys out of my bag and pressed the button, the flashing lights letting my know that my truck was unlocked.

"I know. Hey, I have to go, we're going on in five."

"Alright, love you Daddy, have a good show."
♠ ♠ ♠
Squeeeeee! First chapter of the revamped story!! I am so excited about this, ya'll don't even know. So, tell me what like, what you didn't. You know the drill.

-Becka Vengeance