Status: Active bitches!

Lessons Learned

Chapter 3

I hate hotels in Rhode Island. Wanna know why I hate hotels in Rhode Island? Because the people who work in hotels in Rhode Island are assholes.

"I'm sorry ma'am, but we don't have your reservation in the computer. I can certainly call and get a room for you in a hotel that would be much better suited to your...personality, if you'd like." I pinched the bridge of my nose and inhaled deeply, trying to keep my temper leashed so that I didn't hit this bitch in the face. I sighed and pointed to the piece of paper that was currently sitting on the counter between us,

"Ok, let's do this one more time. I called this hotel a week ago and spoke with Monica, who you have already admitted works here. She booked me a room for two nights, and emailed me the confirmation. This is the printed version of that email, which not only has my confirmation number on it, but was sent by the booking department's official email, which you have also told me is correct. The only time emails go out from that account it when an official reservation is made. I know for a fact my reservation is in the computer, now find it and give me my room before I get your manager involved, because if I have to do that I will not only make sure that no one I know ever stays here again, I will personally make sure that this hotel loses its contract with the Rockstar Energy Drink Tour series, and I guarantee your boss will know exactly why. Do you really want that to happen?" Her eyes narrowed and I could tell she didn't believe me, and I was really kinda hoping she 'couldn't find' my reservation. She pretended to type something in, ran my key card through the little thing that validates them, and stuck them in the card case with my room number, pushing them towards me without a word. I grinned and picked the up, shooting her a sarcastic salute as I turned and walked away.

"Good move princess!" I called over my shoulder as I stepped into the elevator, giggling softly when I felt her gaze burn into my back.

Three hours later and I was bored out of my god damn mind. I debated calling Mistey, but with the time difference I knew she'd probably be getting ready to head out to party with her brother. They were loving living in LA, Mistey's personality is just too big for a town as laid back as Huntington. I was debating on who else I wanted to call when my phone lit up in my hand, displaying the ridiculous picture ID I had for my Dad. I grinned and accepted the call, putting the small device up to my ear,

"Hi daddy!"
"Hey baby, how was your flight?" I could practically hear him smiling, it was friggin ridiculous...
"It was good, slept pretty much the whole time. This bitch at the hotel royally pissed me off, I almost started name dropping to get her off my case."
"What happened? Are you ok?"
"Dad, calm down, I'm fine. She just tried to tell me that the computer didn't show my reservation, which I kinda figured would happen since the hotel people in Rhode Island suck nutter butters, so I showed her my confirmation number and told her that if she didn't magically find my room I was gonna call the powers that be at Rockstar and have them pull their contract with the hotel for the tour series." He starting roaring with laughter, and I faintly heard Jimmy demand to know what was so damn funny, making me giggle.

"Baby girl, you know you can't do that." I smirked evilly,
"I know that, you know that, she don't fuckin know that." I could almost feel the pride that I'm sure was radiating off of him,

"Please call Lynnie and tell her that story, she'll fucking love it. And call Kat, she was talking to Brian yesterday and was whining the whole time about never talking to her favorite niece." I rolled my eyes as I grabbed some work out clothes out of my bag, quickly switching my phone to speaker so I could change.

"She's the one who decided that she had to move to fucking Pittsburgh to open her own gym, not me. At least I stayed local to follow my dreams. She fucking abandoned me," I whined into the phone, making my dad chuckle. Real nice Dad, laugh at my fake pain.

"She didn't abandon you and you know it, now quit whining and call your aunts. They all miss you. Oh, and if you don't call your mom in the next twenty minutes, she's going to call me and rip me a new one, and if that happens I'll tell Brian to hide this brand new case of Monster that I bought just for you." I gulped, once Brian hid things, I never found them again.

"I'm calling mommy right now love you byeeee!" I hung up my phone and hit speed dial 2, waiting for my mom to pick up. The call rolled to voicemail and I waited for that irritating little beep,

"HIIIIII MOMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you soooooo much and I'm sooooo sorry I haven't called you in a week and I promise I'll be better at calling you and I just wanted to let you know that I reallyreallyreallyreally love you and I'm safe at the hotel and....actually, I think that's it. Love you byeee!" I giggled as I ended the call, I knew she'd get a kick outta the message, she always did. I learned from Jimmy to leave really obnoxious voicemail messages, they're more fun...

I jumped when my phone starting buzzing, accepting the call without looking to see who it was,

"You've reached Heaven, this is God."
"Trinity Rose, why have you waited a week to call me, young lady?"
"I'm sorry mommy! I got really busy with training, and the fight, and then I forgot...but I love you!" I smiled cutely,

"Mhmmm, I'm sure you do. Which is why you haven't called in.a.week." I hate moms, they are sooo good at the guilt trips. I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose again,

"If I promise to call you every day and come stay at the house for a week once I get back will you lay off the guilt trip?" I was planning on staying at the house for a while anyway, the kids were complaining about never seeing me, but she didn't need to know that...

"That would be oh so wonderful darling."
"Mom, cut the shit, you're scaring me."
"I'm kinda scaring myself, to be perfectly honest. Its been wayyy too long since I've gotten to spend time with your dad, if ya know what I mean." I gagged loudly,

"MOM! I do not want to hear about your nasty exploits with my father!. That's friggin gross man. I can never un-see that image!" My mom was laughing so hard she was literally snorting. She loved saying shit like that, because she knew she would get the same reaction every single time.

"I'm sorry honey, but that will never get old." I grimaced.

"Actually, that has already gotten old. Dad is like...30" I heard her huff,

"Your father doesn't turn 30 for another month, and besides, 30 is not OLD Trinity Rose."
"Yes it is. It's old enough to gross me the fuck out when you say you need play time." She sniggered and I could picture her leaning back against the couch as she spoke, twirling her hair between her fingers. I realized in that moment how much I missed being home, with all the crazyness and the loudness and...the happiness and the love.

"I miss you momma." The laughing stopped,

"I miss you too baby. You know you can come home whenever you want, your room is always ready for you. And God only knows how much your father hates that damn apartment of yours." I laughed and nodded, even though she couldn't see me.

"Alright momma, I'm gonna go for a run, but I'll call you later tonight or sometime tomorrow ok? I love you."

"I love you too baby, be careful."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ya know, I was laughing my ass off while I was writing this chapter. Like, I literally fell off my bed at some points. I know, it's a little conceited to find myself that funny, but its really just because I'm basing Trinity's personality off of my little sister's, and that child is fucking hilarious.

HEY! Did you guys know that I got 5 new subscribers for this story? I LOVE YOU!! Whoever you are... anyway.. There was something else....

OH! I got SEVEN comments on the last chapter. So, on that note, I need to thank

Miss.CorrCorr- For real, I love you haha

ThxFan-Haha, I love her too, she made me giggle.

musik-mstr-awwww, thank you! I'm glad you like the stories!

Vanzchyk2011-I know! I stole her name from another story, I can't remember the name, but I'll try to find it and post the link, cuz the chick who writes it is amazing...

cookie monster!-Haha thanks kiddo!<----- That's my sister!

Poison.The.Hero-Thank you!

A7X_Lover13-Thanks doll, I'm glad you like the upgrade =]


Ok, that was a really long author's not, but I felt the need to thank all of the awesome people who commented. Next update will be Monday, can I have five comments? It won't make me post earlier, but it will make the chapter longer =]