Status: Active bitches!

Lessons Learned

Chapter 5

Summer in California had come to an end, not that anyone could tell since the weather was basically the same. The only thing that alluded to the school year creeping upon them was the exodus of tourists from the sleepy streets of Huntington and surrounding cities. You would think that the sheer tranquility would never be broken, but that was not the case in a small apartment on the South side of Huntington Beach.

"Kat, we've gone over this a million times! I can't just pack up and move to Pittsburgh for three months!"

"Yes you can! We also just went over the fact that you aren't scheduled to fight again for another nine months, you only need six of those to train! Just come down for a few months, you can use my gym to train and maybe teach these fuckers a thing or two." I was about to reply but my most stubborn aunt cut me off,

"Look, I know you want to chill out during your break and everything, but I haven't seen you in almost a year, and I think it would be good for you to get away from everything in Cali for a little while. Besides, hockey season is about to start and I know how much you love Malkin."

"Hey now, it's not my fault Geno's got swag. He's beautiful!"

"Trin, the poor boy looks like he got hit by a truck."

"TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW!!! EVGENI MALKIN IS A BEAUTIFUL HUNK OF RUSSIAN MAN MEAT!" All I heard on the other end was roaring laughter. I sighed as I put my phone on speaker and set it on my bed so that I could continue getting dressed, which I had been in the process of doing when Kat called me to beg about a trip to the Burgh.

"A beautiful hunk of Russian man meat? Really Trinity?"

"Yes, and I am completely serious about that statement. I love him."

"I know, I think that's what makes it so funny. Anyway, stop trying to change the subject. Are you coming to the Burgh or not? Did I mention I have seats for the home opener behind the bench?"

"I'm packing right now."

~~~~~~~

"DAD! I'm going to Pittsburgh, there is nothing you can do about it, so stop pouting and GET OFF OF ME!"

"NO! YOU CAN'T GO ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE COUNTRY WITHOUT SOMEONE WITH YOU!" He screeched, (yes, I said screeched. I honestly didn't know his voice could go that high) and hugged me tighter, holding me captive on my bed where he had tackled me when he came over to find me packing enough to last for the three months that I would be gone.

"Dad, for real? I'm only gonna be gone for three months, its not like you can't come and visit me! And I am eighteen years old, I can handle flying to fucking Pittsburgh. Now GET OFF!" I kneed him in the stomach, which didn't hurt him, but surprised him enough to roll off of me with a startled expression.

"I cannot believe you just kicked me."

"I didn't kick you, I nudged you with my knee." He just glared at me and flicked me in the forehead before getting comfortable on my bed. I knew he was going to take a nap, he always did when he was stressed. No, seriously, he had a habit of just crashing out wherever he was when the stress level rose too high. I gave up packing and laid down next to him, ready to fall asleep as well. We had gotten into this habit when I was throwing my life away after Mitch left. It was just...comforting to be able to go back to when you were six and cuddling with daddy scared the monsters away.

His thick arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his side.

"I love you Daddy, you know that right? I'm not leaving to escape you guys or something." He sighed deeply,

"I know, I'm just having trouble coming to terms with the fact that you're an adult now, and I can't protect you from everything."

~~~~~~~~~

Fuck LAX. LAX sucks giant, hairy donkey balls. And so does the traffic around said airport.

"Trin, calm down, you have three hours until your flight leaves, we're ten minutes away." I shot a glare to my father, who simply ignored me and calmly continued to drive.

"How are you so calm right now? You have some of the worst road rage I've ever seen." His face flared bright red at my question, and I squealed in disgust.

"EEEEEWWWWWWW!!!!! HOW DO AND MOM HAVE SEX STILL!? THAT'S SO FUCKING NASTY! AHHHH MY BRAIN! IT NEEDS BLEACH! BLEACH I TELL YOU!"

"Trin, calm down. I know for a fact that you have sex too." I felt my face flare, how the hell did he find out about that??

"But...wha...how...no I'm not." He looked over at me and raised an eyebrow at my pitiful lie.

"Oh, so the box of condoms that you left sitting on your nightstand was just for show?" Dammit! I knew I didn't put those away. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

"I'm not mad at you, you know. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that you're obviously having either one night stands or have a fuck buddy thing going on, but I'm not mad at you."

"We are so not talking about this. New subjext. Ummm, gummy bears or gummy worms."

"Really? Like, seriously?"

"Answer the damn question!!"

"Gummy worms."

"Grape or orange?"

"Grape."

"LOOK I SEE AIRPLANES!!"

"Yes, yes you do. Wanna know why? Cuz we're five minutes away from an airport."

"Oh fuck you."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I bounced, (yes, bounced) over to my gate, knowing my dad was following behind me with my carry on. I had managed to get on an earlier flight, we were boarding in ten minutes.

"Trinity, will you calm down before you pull a Johnny?"

"I will NEVER be 'offloaded'. I'm too frickin adorable for that." He shot me a look,

"Riiight, that's what it is." I turned around and pouted,

"Dadddddyyyyy, I am SO adorable." He snorted,

"Yeah, because an 18 year pouting like a two year old is just fatally cute."

"Bleh." I grabbed my bag and gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek,

"Alrighty, I gotta go." His hold tightened,

"No you don't."

"Yes I do, Dad, I'm only gonna be gone for a few months. I'll see you guys soon."

"Fine, bur you better call me as soon as you get there, and no falling in love with hockey players."

"I can call you, I'm not making any promises on that second part...."
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go, chapter 5. Hope you guys like it, but I probably won't know, since I only got THREE FLIPPING COMMENTS on the last chapter.

-Becka Vengeance