Status: Coming January 1st, 2010

Time is Running Out

Rumour Mill

“How’s your arm.” Marc asked as I lounged across his apartment. Jared had gone back to Canada the day before for the Ontario Wolf Pack had a game that night. I opted to stay with Marc. Emilie was going to come up to the city to visit me.

The main reason I stayed though was to talk to Sidney. The Penguins were playing the Rangers in a few days but of course I did not tell Jared that; no reason to make him more worried then he already was. Ever since my talk with Jordan on the balcony Jared has been overprotective and possessive of me. Everywhere I went he was there too. Whenever my phone rang he asked who was calling. I wasn’t allowed time to myself.

I sat on the couch watching TV when someone knocked on the door. Marc pointed at me then the door but I shook my head. I laughed as he got up mumbling about my lazy ass. He opened the door to reveal Emilie. She gave him a quick hug before running into the apartment and sitting on my stomach.

“Really Em? Really?! There is much more couch besides where I am sitting do you have to sit on me?” I said with a laugh pushing her onto the floor.

“Yes really!! I haven’t seen you since graduation!!” she exclaimed pulling me up into a bone crushing hug. Marc stood in the doorway with a lopsided grin watching us catch up. His face fell when he saw the amount of luggage she had brought with her.

“I thought you were only staying a few days.” He laughed as he scanned over the many bags of luggage she had brought.

“Oh I am. You can just set them down in my room.” She said motioning her hand over towards the back rooms. Marc let out a sigh before grabbing the bags and hauling them towards the back rooms.

“Does he not want me here?” she asked with a worried glance pointing her thumb towards Marc.

“Of course he wants you here! He’s just lazy and wasn’t looking forward to carrying your bags.” I said with a laugh as I ushered Emilie towards the balcony. Marc had two balconies. One was open and we could not use during the winter but the second was closed off with windows on all sides. It was nice since it was heated and you could sit outside feeling like it was snowing all around you.

“So how are things with Jared?” Emilie asked as she curled up onto one of the sofas. I sighed as I plopped myself into the oversized chair in the corner.

“Not good I take it?” Emile was concerned. She propped her head up on her hand and waiting for my answer.

“Well let’s just say I need some room to breathe.” I said with a laugh lounging back in my chair.

“Clingy?”

“Like saran wrap.” Marc said with a laugh as he entered the balcony. I sat up a bit so Marc could sit next to me on the chair.

“You noticed that?” I asked. Just great. Even his brothers realize how clingy he is.

“How could I not? I saw how he acted after you kissed, I mean talked, to Jordan on the balcony.” Marc said with a blush across his face.

“You what!!” Emilie shouted; jumping from her seat on the couch. My face turned red and I looked away towards the city. I did not think anyone saw Jordan kiss me and I was hoping no one did.

I quickly got up from my seat and ran inside. Marc probably hated me. I made out with his brother while dating his other brother. That doesn’t sound good at all. It made me look like a slut. Am I a slut? He came onto me. It is not like I kissed him. But I did kiss him back. But that does not make me a slut. It makes me confused as to who I truly want to be with. I ran farther into the house until I reached the bathroom. Locking the door I leaned against it and sunk to the floor crying.

“Danielle please open up.” Marc said from the other side of the door. I let out a few more sobs before I heard him lean against the door and sink to the floor. We sat there for what seemed like eternity listening to my sobs. When my sobs subsided Marc cleared his throat to speak but I cut him off.

“You think I am a slut don’t you?” I whispered through the crack in the door.

“No I don’t think you’re a slut Danielle. Why would I think that?” Marc asked as he turned the doorknob. I sighed and unlocked it. He took a few steps in before sitting on the counter above me.

“Well you should.” I mumbled into my hands as I leaned away from him.

“But I don’t.” He said sympathetically. He jumped down from the counter and sat next to me on the floor. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me closer to him. My head rested on his shoulder as he drew circles on my arms with his fingertips.

“You should. Everyone else would if they knew.” I said with a sigh as I leaned closer to him. He should not be thinking this way. I cheated on his brother with his other brother. If Marc cheated on my sister Rachel with my sister Layla I’d be pissed.

“I kissed Jordan Marc. Even though I am dating Jared I let Jordan kiss me.” I whimpered getting even closer to him. His fingers stopped drawing circles on my arms and he moved so he was facing me.

“I know all about your history with Jordan. Hell we all thought you were going to end up with Jordan. None of us suspected you being with Jared…” Marc started before he took a long pause. I started into his eyes before he shook his head. He stood up and walked out of the room leaving me on the floor with tears in my eyes and shaking from head to toe.

Xxx
“Hey! You there! Girl in those skinny jeans. Hello! Hey girl in those skinny jeans with a white pea coat! Earth you! Danielle….” Sidney started yelling in my ear as he sat down next to me. I jumped from my seat on the bench alarmed at the sudden unexpectedness of his voice yelling in my ear.

“Really? How old are you? Five? Six? Nothing older then seven.” I laughed, reaching out for the Starbucks coffee in his hand. He handed it over to me as he took a seat next to me.

“So how’s life?” Sidney asked as he threw his arm around me. I had to admit I loved Sid’s one armed hugs. They were always warm and inviting.

“It’s okay. A little trouble in paradise but it will soon fly by.” I said with a laugh while lightly sipping my coffee so I wouldn’t burn my toungue.

“And could this little trouble in paradise be a person?” he asked with a laugh taking another swig of his coffee. His laugh echoed across the park since no one was there. Usually kids were throwing snowballs at each other from behind the bushes but there was no one in site.

“More like an angry ape.” I laughed thinking back to when Jordan kissed me. It was just so much said in one little moment. It was also a mistake that would never happen again. I hope.

“Yeah Jordan can be that way.” He said standing up. He stretched before walking down the trail towards the main road.

“What did you hear?” I shouted as I ran after him.

“More then you wanted me to that’s for sure.” He laughed as he turned the corner. I ran towards the corner and looked around but he was nowhere in sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know i have not posted in over a year and i am terrible sorry. It is officially summer and i will be posting alot more!!!!!
i hope you all like it!