Just Like I Should I'll Get You Good

1/1

Dark scenery, dimmed lights of all colors, popular music, pointless actions. I'm on my fifth drink but who cares?
The same scene has been playing over and over again for months now; it got under my skin and became permanently there. The feeling was as if you got a tattoo in a deserted shop with no anti-bacterial substances or any clean needles; always there, always infected, always itching.

I know no one would be proud of me once they find out how I've been acting, but I'm not to blame. And not all of us are angels either.
I know for a fact that Claire hasn’t been staying at home either. It's true that we don’t talk anymore, doesn’t mean I don’t know who she is. Alcohol is engraved in her flesh.

I got a call today. It was from Nick and Jordan, both telling me that I should get on the next plane I can find because their doctor told them that their child's birth is near; Jordan was in her eighth month. It -almost- reminded me of my own pregnancy, almost. Now that I think about it, I only feel sorry for the baby. So, as if from now, this'll be my last trip to this club.
I went home and decided to sober up and get ready.

Once packed and at the airport, I went directly to the ticketing office. See I didn’t need to hold a ticket from before; they had this policy where they keep five first class seats free until the last minute, for celebrities. And I was still considered as one.

Forever True has stopped long time ago. And so did the Jonas Brothers. Everyone went its way. Jordan and Nick sat at home, enjoying every moment together and hoping to take care of the baby when it’s born. Joseph is having a break of the whole Hollywood scene saying that he’s an ‘actor’ now; well he sure is good at acting if he’s fooling everyone, letting them think that he’s working whilst he’s clubbing. Last time I saw him he was a wreck. On the other hand, Claire and Kevin are still into business. Claire is in a band with Danielle and some other girl called Julia and Kevin got himself a place in a pop/alternative band on the rise as their lead guitarist. And as you can see, here I am.

The minute the plane took off, I felt my eyes shut and fell into a deep slumber, forgetting where I was to be awoken by the air host telling me that we’ve landed. We’ve landed. And I have no idea where to go. It just hit me that I never went to Jordan and Nick’s house on my own, which meant that I don’t know the road there and I utterly have no idea how to give directions to it either. I decided to go to the Jonas residence; where Joe, Frankie live with their parents.

I haven’t talked to anyone ever since I decided to leave. ‘Mouth Shut’ was the last single that Forever True recorded together. We had recorded it after Jordan’s wedding and her deciding to take a break but still she agreed seeing as it’s our last song together and nothing is ever going back to the way it was.

The taxi driver dropped me off right next to the Jonas’ driveway, after winking at me and not returning my change. He most likely had grand children for Pete’s sake! I made my way to the door, carrying my huge luggage and trotting some on the cement. I needed all of it; see I was going to settle in with Jordan and Nick for two whole months to help them take care of the baby and just because we miss each other. Taking care of a baby’s a really hard job but Jordan didn’t want anything to do with Claire. Or at least that’s what I’ve been told.

I knocked on the door, three times. But no one answered. Where could they all be? It’s ten PM. Oh well, Joe is probably out there drinking and the rest of them are asleep. I didn’t know where else to go but I remembered on my way here passing the house that Kevin bought to himself that day when Claire thought that we were secretly dating. I decided to go there and try my luck. If I was lucky enough, his fiancee would be out there clubbing with Claire. Oh yeah, did I not tell you? Him and Danielle are getting married the next month.

I walked my way to his house, still trotting my luggage behind me. I highly regret wearing heels. I knocked on his door. A sleepy Kevin came and opened the door whilst still rubbing his eyes. He had no shirt on. His eyes were barely open so I bet he didn’t know who was at the door. "Did I interupt anything?" I asked softly. I was still dazed by his abs; he sure did become muscled after our break up.
"L-Lauren? Wow," he breathed. "You're back?" he asked letting a huge grin plaster over his thick lips.

"I'm back!" I exclaimed. "I'm sorry, I just don’t have a place to stay and, well, I went to your parents but no one was there."

"No, no, come in." he said, pulling me in by my waist. His engagement ring touched my bare stomach skin and I immediately jumped from his arms. "I'm sorry, I didn’t mean to…" he started appologizing.

I don't know what had gotten into me but I pulled on his skin at the base of his neck, placing my lips over his. I believe my nails are going to leave a very painful mark. I pulled away. "Don't be." I smirked.

"Woah, when did you become this feverish?" he asked in a low voice.

"When did you lose your shirt, Jonas?" he pulled me back to him, locking our lips together. He gripped my ass, making it hard for me to break free from his embrace, but I didn’t want to. I wrapped my legs around his waist and I felt him carry 'us' upstairs. Not long after, we were topless. If it wasn’t for Joe ringing the bell and waking us from our daze who knows what would've happened. Kevin took off his ring and pulled a shirt on, leaving me to put my shirt back on too.

As I stood on the staircase, I heard the voice that I haven't heard for a while. i decided to go down.
"Whoa, Lauren! You didn’t tell me you were coming." He said as soon as he saw me.

"Yeah, well, I didn’t exactly know I was coming." i replied while smiling at him.

"No, no, no, no!" he started screaming. The look on his face told me that he was very aware of what we have been doing a while ago. He looked down, at Kevin's left hand that was bare now.
i went to stand next to him and put a hand on his shoulder. He jumped up. I decided to say nothing. "How long?" he asked, not looking at any of us.

"How long what? Dude the girl just got here from the airport!" Kevin answered.

"Look Joe, don't you trust me? We haven't done anything and we won't, I promise."

"Then how do you explain that he doesn’t have any rings on?"

"Well, we might have gotten caught in the moment a bit and he realized it's not good for his promise, even though it was nothing." I glared at Kevin, trying to get some help.

"And," He continued. "Everybody needs 'New Year's Resolutions'." He glanced at me. "You might have found out mine a little earlier than supposed."

"Danielle is supposed to know too. As much as I can't stand her much."

"Look, Joe, we know. Even Lauren wants me to tell her. I know it's bad to cheat."

He chuckled. "Well, it's your life. Lauren, have you talked to Claire already?"

I felt the pain rise to my chest. i shook my head. "Not after last time. I don’t think she cares anyways. I'm not here to bother, either; I'm here for Jordan."

"She's changed, a lot." He said "I miss her."

"I know, Joe. We all do too." Lauren replied. "I'm going to be heading to Jordan's and Nick's now; an innocent and fragile girl like me shouldn’t stay out this late." I smirked.

I left the house and dialed Nick's number. I took the directions from him and told the cab driver.

Once there and settled, I sat with them and we started talking about what I had missed when I was in England until Jordan started to feel something wet on her legs. It turns out that her water broke.

We arrived at the hospital and she was rushed into the operation room. We waited for hours until her and the baby were safe and we could see them. She had had a baby girl; an angel.

Immediately after holding her in my arms I knew that that's what I want to have with Kevin.
♠ ♠ ♠
RIP James Owen Sullivan! <3