Status: stalion ducks will rule the world....

Have a Shot For Me?

I Miss You

Brian Haner Jr. smiled at the picture of his teenage self with Jimmy slinging his arm around him. The brother he never had..... what an understatement. That skinny crazy drummer was the other half of him. How would he ever see things the same? It's been over a month since he was taken and since his birthday was just a few days away, Brian needed to see his brother.

"Le misses you, you know." Brian spoke quietly, letting the chilly breeze brush his hair out of his face. He looked around the beach's pier, legs dangled over the edge. Brian held onto the picture tightly. "Well we all do...." he said, not in the least bit self conscious since no one was around.

The waves rolled in a natural flow, crashing around him softly, knowing he needed peace. Brian had been so angry when he first found out about Jimmy. After the guys left his friends house, Brian had trashed his room, screamed to God and drank all night.

"You acted like a little drama queen dude."

Brian smiled, warmth surrounding him, more than the sun could provide. He looked to his right and saw his best friend mimicking him. Legs over the edge and hands in his lap. "Am I going crazy or...." Brian laughed nervously.

"Nah, no more than you already are. I thought you could use a friend. Soooo, here I am." He shrugged easily.

Brian noticed that Jimmy had a strange double voice and glow about him. "You look great man. No homo shit but you do."

The two friends laughed as the lead guitarist drank him in, thinking even if he was going insane it was worth every second. Brian missed this. He missed his friend and the simplicity of having a person that understood everything about him.

"Thanks,but no offense dude you look like crap. There are better ways to handle these things then throwing a temper tantrum." Jimmy frowned, his hand reached out to his brother.

"And how do you think I should have handled it?" Sudden anger lit up his eyes. "Huh?! Just let it roll off my back? Forget that my best friend is gone forever?!" He took in sharper breaths, staring off into the horizon.

"I'm never gone, dumb ass." He nudged Brian but all Brian felt was the intense heat in the place of his touch. It wasn't good enough. As horrible as it was, Brian was going to be greedy. If he couldn't have his friend completely then.....

"So that's it huh? Just being able to see me isn't good enough?"

Brian turned at the tone of his voice. "How did you-?"

"I can hear what you're thinking like you're screaming at me. I miss you guys. All of you guys. And I'm trying my hardest to watch over you all. Send you signs so you know you're not alone. It's exhausting." He slumped over and looked down at his hands.

The cry of a seagull was distant, even in the silence of them both. "I'm sorry I miss you too." Brian sighed, taking over for the wind and brushing his hair out of his face himself.

Jimmy just stared out at the sea, having a far away look in his eyes. "Beautiful isn't it?"

Brian swallowed hard, scared of what this meant. "You're not coming back to see us like this? Le told us about seeing you." Panic tinged his words.

"Don't worry. Like I told Leana. You won't always see me directly but I'll be here. Have a shot for me on my birthday?" he asked hopefully, smiling brightly, reminding Brian of the time he got drunk for the first time at their "spot".

"You know it. I'll see you around then?" Brian squinted in the brightness of Jimmy's aura.

The tall, lanky, drummer nodded and smiled. "Look for a duck when you can't see me." And just like that..... he was gone.

Brian felt a small smirk on his lips, much like the one he was famous for. Overhead a flock of ducks flew into the distance,quacking the whole way that sounded like a certain drummer's distinct laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
happy early birthday Jim<3