Status: stalion ducks will rule the world....

Have a Shot For Me?

Shadow Kissed

"He just said to have a shot for him."

Brian laughed softly at the words. It figures Jimmy would tell me something like that, he thought, you had to think outside the box when it came to him. That was just how it was.

The small group of friends he told about the experiance on the pier smiled with him. Zack had his arm around Gena as she glanced at Matt and Val. Val was fighting back tears as did Johnny while clutching Lacey tight to his body.

"Damn.... I couldn't imagine that kind of thing, but I'll be honest Bri, some part of me is jealous of you and Lee." Matt nearly whispered. Everyone turned to look at him in surprise. For, who could be envious of the pain they've been through on top of going through their own.

"You got to see him again."

Brian found himself grateful for that small miracle yet also wondering if he would see his brother again soon.

Two Months Later

"So everything is ready for the party?" a hazel-eyed girl with hair like wheat, placed an intricate creation above her large bed. It was like a web within a circle with a few bright beads thrown in. Her brother told her it was called a dream catcher to ward off her nightmares that have been recurring.

"Yeah I just need to pick up Nora then we'll be there soon." a male voice reasurred her.

She sighed, glancing around the open, green room that was filled with her favorite things. Posters of her favorite bands, her cherished books with their different covers, her jewlery and most of all her pictures. They reminded her everyday why she should smile. The countless smiles of goofy friends always managed to bring her back from the dark thoughts she managed to have.

"Ok. Hurry over, Quin!" she said with a smile. She heard him chuckle then click off.

"Sounds like you'll be busy."

She restrained a squeal as a burst of warmth surrounded her body. Her eyes shut firmly but her body moved robotically towards the door. She locked it quickly and spun around to see the slightly transparent body of a man on her bed that was not there a second ago.

"You have no trouble making yourself known." she said dryly, tossing her small cell phone to the white comforter with playful swirls of purple weaved throughout.

"C'mon, Sammy, it's your birthday! You're supposed to be happy not.... iffy." Jimmy Sullivan jumped off her bed in one swift movement as a trail of soft light surrounded him.

"I would be if you didn't just pop out of nowhere like that." Samantha Riddle, tried to keep a stern glint in her eyes but Jimmy was always so happy so such a thing wasn't easy. She still tried anyway.

"Give it up and just be happy. You don't turn 18 everyday you know." he wiggled his long finger in her face then gleefully poked her nose with it, knowing it would send warm shivers down her spine.

Samantha Riddle was not an average girl by any means. When she was two years old she nearly died when she fell into a pool. She didn't know how to swim but the nearest adult heard her yell. Samantha had thrashed and panicked as the water consumed her.

She died that day yet here she was celebrating her 18th birthday.

Her spirit lingered and when her rescuer, an aunt, breathed life back into her, Samantha went back.

Throughout her life, she had heard or felt things that were not of this world but she never really believed it. Until she began having dreams. Dreams that sometimes came true in her life that she could predict. Make no mistake they weren't like in movies. They didn't last minutes but rather seconds and sometimes they didn't happen at all. It was one of the worst parts of living with the curse that was seeing things that were yet to happen.

Jimmy came to her months before and it was quite a surprise to both. She had been in her room reading one of her favorite books and imagine her shock as a tall, skinny man with dark hair and blue eyes slowly began to materialize before her bed.

She had figured it was when he had passed on. He didn't remember much about it but he did remember his life he left behind.

"Quit it Jim!" Sam playfully swatted his hand away, warmth flowing in and out of her hand as it passed through his fingers.

That was another thing. Most spirits were cold but Jimmy was constantly warm like the best kind of fire. One that wasn't destructive but only wanted to comfort.

Jimmy stuck his tongue out at the girl as he brought his hands back to his sides.

"Did you see Leana today?" she asked, busily adjusting her hair in the comfortable curves they were in before Jimmy made her jump. She also didn't want to talk about her birthday. It made her sad to know Jimmy wouldn't have another one.

"Yeah. She was with the guys. I'm glad they're feeling better, I would hate them to be sad forever." Jimmy looked at the pictures in Samantha's mirror, smiling at the one of himself and Leana that he made Sam put up for him as long as he was gonna be there.

"That's good they're ok." she said distantly, running her fingers through long hair them picking out a necklace to wear. The one she choose had a gold chain with a small golden guitar with tiny diamonds on it.

"Are you gonna see that guy again? Brian?" she asked as she felt the clasp close.

The shimmering Jimmy floated around her to shake his head. "Yes and no. I'll see him but he won't see me. Why? You think he's dreamy?" he said the last part mockingly sweet and disgusting. His eyelashes fluttered like a butterfly's wings.

Now it was her turn to stick her tongue out. "Shut up. I googled you so I would know who you were not to check out your friends!"

Jimmy shrugged but laughed as well. He knew how she felt about Brian. She had a crush. Anyone with eyes could see that.

"Sam! Nora and Quinn are here!"

The shrill voice of her mother rang out from beyond her locked door. Sam looked at Jimmy sadly. She didn't like to leave him, as she liked his visits, but she couldn't tell people she was friends with someone who wasn't alive.

"I'll be fine, Sammy. Go have fun. I'll be here later." Jimmy smiled, slowly fading out of sight.
♠ ♠ ♠
i've been playing with this idea for awhile and I'm hoping you guys like it. comments would be greatly appreciated. thank you all