Status: Heartbroken

How I came To Love Avenged Sevenfold

Heaven Couldn't Wait For a Drummer Like Him

I dropped the phone to gather my thoughts but picked it back up to answer back,"No no no! Not The Rev...." I rushed over to my computer and went straight to the Avenged Sevenfold site. There I saw the fateful words that would leave my heart empty,"It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we tell you of the passing today of Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan." I stumbled out of the chair but soon fell to the ground,curled up into a ball and sobbed and sobbed until my eyes were swollen. I punched the ground,I screamed out from the top of my lungs pleading why God had taken him from me.
Broken and numb,I went to my piano and played Afterlife and sang along to it in a half-sob style. I didn't even get to the second verse when I let my head fall down and start sobbing again. I didn't want to believe it. I didn't think I could.
I'd lost family members and family friends but I'd never known any of them so it didnt move me. But this...this hero,he was my hero. I felt like he had a piece of my heart with him and now he's suddenly gone. I didn't comprehend why God would want to break,no more like shatter my heart to pieces. None of it made sense to me since I had never had to deal with something as horrible,as heartbreaking as this.
Now here I sit,getting ready for a candle lighting in his memory. I've got pictures of him covering my room,on my locker,in my wallet,in my phone,and in my heart. There's no easy way to get over something so disasterous. As A7X might say,it's almost easy. I don't think I will ever forget someone who made such a huge imprint on my heart in his living days and his death day.

Jimmy
So many things I never got to say.
So many things I never got to do.
Meeting you was nothing more than a hopeless wish.
Something I could only dream to pursue.

Your music moved me in ways I'd never known before

When I heard every twist every turn,my heart skipped a beat.
I had so many goals,so many wishes.
The love I had for you would never faced defeat.

Then came the storm with the news swirled in it.
My whole world came crumbling down.
the hero that once inspired me to do so many things
was suddenly down and out.

The tears spilled over
like a flood in my hands.
It kills me every second to see
your hour glass no longer filled with sand

Now there's no one to get inspiration from.
The dreams I had to see you
are all dead and gone.

With your life went the hope
of the magic to continue.
The movement that once happend
won't be the same without you.

In our hearts we'll forever keep you in them.
The memories we had with you will always be cherished.
I am thankful I was around when your fire was still blazing
Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan,you couldn't keep Heaven waiting.

The End.
R.I.P Jammes Owen Sullivan