Your Song

Tickets

Xx-zarah-xX

I woke up to my alarm going off. I checked the time and saw that it was 10:00a.m. I needed to get up now if I was going to be into work on time...

But I'd rather sleep for a few more hours...

I hit the snooze button and rolled over in bed. I was almost asleep again when the damn alarm started going off again.

The alarm kept beeping... and beeping... and beeping... and fucking beeping some more. I finally slammed on the snooze button and groaned, not wanting to get up.

Not wanting the stupid alarm to go off again I turned it off and finally got up. I slowly and grumpily got ready for work and left. As you can probably tell by now, I'm not really a morning person.

I drove to the local mall, where I worked at the f.y.e store, while listening to System of a Down. I pulled into the practically empty parking lot and slowly got out of my car. I sleepily made my way through the mall and to f.y.e.

"Morning Joey." I said walking past one of my co-workers on my way to one of the back rooms.

"Morning." he said before chugging a giant cup of coffee.

I put my stuff in the back room and went back out and stood behind the check out counter.

"Hey Zarah," Joey said. "There's a box of WWE shit in the back that needs unloaded. Do you think you could take care of it?"

"Sure." I said stifling a yawn.

I went in the back room again and brought out the giant box. I opened it up and saw that it was a bunch of DVDs. I went over to the WWE section and started unloading it.

"World's Greatest Tag Teams... WrestleMania 25... Batista: I Walk Alone... Edge: A Decade of Decadence... Triple H: King of Kings – There Is Only One... Jeff Hardy: My Life, My Rules..."

I picked up the one on top and looked at the cover with Jeff on it. It almost looked like he was flying. I sighed. I really missed Jeff... and Matt... I really, really missed Matt...

"ZARAH!"

I jumped and wiped around. My co-worker and best friend, Meisa, was running towards me clutching something to her chest.

"What?" I asked hiding behind one of the racks of DVDs in case she decided to tackle me.

"You'll never guess what I got tickets to!" she practically screamed.

"What?"

"This Tuesday's taping of SmackDown!" she yelled jumping around. "I got front row seats! And we'll be right next to the commentary table!"

I stopped stacking DVDs and looked at her. "We?"

"Well yeah, silly," she said still smiling. "I want you to come with me!"

"I can't." I said quickly.

Her smile faded. "Why not?"

"I... think I have to work." I said.

"No you don't." she said smiling again. "I made sure we could both got this Tuesday off before I even bought the tickets!"

"I don't like wrestling." I said.

"But you've never even watched it!" she exclaimed.

Oh how wrong she was. I used to watch it all the time with Matt and Jeff growing up. I used to be just as into it as they were. But after they got signed I stopped watching it. If they didn't want to see me, I didn't want to see them either...

"I just don't want to go Meisa."

"But you have too!" she exclaimed! "I bought a ticket for you and everything!"

"Meisa-"

"This is really big for me!" she whined. "I want to share it with my best friend!"

I sighed. "What brand did you say it was for?" I asked.

"SmackDown!" she said. I could hear the hope in her voice.

My heart squeezed. I was pretty sure that was the brand Matt wrestled on.

I closed my eyes and opened them again. When I looked at Meisa, she was giving me her irresistible puppy-dog pout.

"Please!" she said, making her eyes tear up.

"Fine." I said at last.

"YES!!!" she yelled hugging me. "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

I tried to smile, but couldn't. In two days I would be seeing Matt Hardy for the first time in ten years.

The rest of the day I thought about Matt. I wondered if he had changed at all. I wondered if he was still the guy I fell in love with when we were only five years old. I guess I was going to find out on Tuesday.

I wonder if he even remembers me...

Xx-matt-xX

Jeff and I were at the local gym with some friends. I just finished getting ready for my match against Drew McIntyre this coming Tuesday for the Intercontinental Title and was waiting for Jeff. He had a match against CM Punk that he was getting ready for.

When Jeff came back to the WWE after his break, the writers decided to continue with the Jeff Hardy – CM Punk feud that was going on before my brother left. Neither of them had a problem with it. As soon as he came back he won the World-Heavyweight Title from the Undertaker and since then, Punk's been trying to take it from him.

While I waited, my mind started drifting off. I had been thinking about Zarah Havens a lot lately. I missed her so much and I wished I could see her again. I haven't even heard from her since Jeff and I got signed ten years ago. I wondered what she was doing now and if she even still lived in Cameron.

I wonder if she even remembers me...

I flashed back to times when we were younger. There were so many times I wanted to tell her that I loved her. I had loved her since we first met when we were only five years old. Sometimes I wondered if maybe I had said something things would be different... maybe we would still be talking... maybe we would even be together right now...

I leaned against one of the walls in the hall I was waiting in. I put my head back and closed my eyes. God, I wish I could see her again... I thought with a sigh.

"Hey Matt, you ready to leave?" I heard Jeff say.

I snapped out of my thoughts. I opened my eyes and picked up my head.

"Let's get out of here." he said coming down the hall covered in sweat.

"Yeah," I said still thinking about Zarah. "Let's go."

I grabbed my stuff and we headed out of the gym together.