Your Song

Going Public

Xx-zarah-xX

“[I’m melting, I’m melting]
In your eyes
I lost my place
Could you stay a while

And I’m melting
In your eyes
Like my first time
That I caught fire
Just stay with me
Lay with me
Now”

I woke up to my phone playing I Caught Fire (In Your Eyes) by The Used. I rolled over in my bed and grabbed my phone. Checking the time, I saw that it was only 9:24 in the morning.

“Dearest Matthew.” I said finally answering my phone. “Why are you calling me this early in the morning?”

“Did you get your script for SummerSlam yet?” he asked.

“No.” I said stretching. “I haven’t checked my mail yet. I’ve been too busy.”

“Doing what?”

“Sleeping.”

Matt sighed. I’ll never know how he puts up with me… “Zarah.” he said. “Go get your mail. Check your script and then call me back.”

“Alright.” I yawned. “Bye.”

I hung up the phone and got out of bed. This must be important if Matt was rushing me. I quickly grabbed my favorite black Blessthefall hoodie and went down to get my mail.

Once I was back in my apartment, I called Matt back.

“Okay. I have my script.” I said sitting down on my couch. “Now what.”

“Read about your match.”

I flipped through the pages until I got to my match with Michelle McCool. I read through it and jumped up in excitement.

“Hey I win the title!” I exclaimed. “Go me!”

Matt sighed again. “Keep reading Zarah.”

I settled back down on the couch and continued reading. I finally saw what the big deal was.

The Creative Team decided to make our relationship public. Matt was going to kiss me. At SummerSlam. In front of like a bazillion people.

“Oh shit.” I said.

“That’s what I said.”

Don’t get me wrong. We don’t really care if people know that we’re dating. We would just rather our relationship not be thrown into a storyline in the WWE. I didn’t want people to start thinking I’m in any way like Lita. If Matt and I made our relationship public on WWE, people are bound to start comparing me to her. People will just be waiting for me to cheat on Matt and screw him over. I’d rather not go through all that.

I sighed. “Is there any way we can get out of this?” I asked.

“No.” Matt said sounding pissed off. “I already called Vince. Everything’s final for SummerSlam. No changes.”

“Fuck.”

“I’m sorry Zarah.”

“Don’t apologize Matt. It’s fine… I’ll just have to deal with it… I have to go… I’m going to go work out… or something… I don’t even know right now… URGH!”

“Okay… I love you.”

“I love you too.”

I hung up the phone and threw it on the couch.

“FUCK!” I screamed.

There was a series of bangs from the ceiling. “Zarah! I thought I told you not to scream! Especially such foul language! You should be ashamed of yourself!” came the voice of the little old lady that lived in the apartment above me.

“Sorry Ms. Henson.” I yelled back.

My phone went off again. I grabbed it off the couch and answered it.

“Hello.” I snapped.

“Wow.” came Jeff’s voice. “Someone’s not in a good mood. I take it you got your script for SummerSlam.”

“Yeah.” I said. “Sorry Jeff.”

“It’s cool.” he said. “I’d be pissed too. Did you talk to Vince about it?”

“Matt said he did.”

“And?”

“Everything’s final for SummerSlam. No changes.”

“Bummer.”

“That’s an understatement.”

“It’s not that bad Zarah.”

“Yes it is Jeff!” I said. “When Matt and I go public at SummerSlam everyone’s going to start comparing me to Amy! I’m nothing like her, Jeff! I would never in a million years hurt Matt like she did!”

“Zarah,” Jeff said very calmly. “You’re not like Amy in any way. No one’s going to compare you to her. And anyone who does is just stupid. Relax. Nothing’s happened yet, and I doubt anything will.”

I sighed. “You’re right.” I said making him laugh.

“I know I am… But seriously,” he said suddenly sounding more serious. “You need to calm down about this. Matt’s stressing out too and the only person he’ll listen to right now is you. If you’re freaking out about this, think how bad Matt is!”

“I never realized that.” I said quietly. “Thanks little bro.”

“Any time, sis.” he said. “Maybe you should call Matt and try to calm him down.”

“Good idea.” I said. “Bye Jeff.”

“Bye Zarah.”

I ended the call and plopped down on the couch. Jeff was right. I’m in no way like Amy. And no one’s going to compare me to her… I hope…