Your Song

The Women's Champion

Xx-zarah-xX

This was it. Matt and I – and even Jeff – had been dreading this night since we first got our scripts. Tonight was SummerSlam.

On top of me being stressed as hell about Matt and me’s relationship going public tonight, I was also majorly pissed about how Michelle’s been acting lately.

Michelle doesn’t want to lose the Women’s Champion title. Since we got our scripts for SummerSlam she has been very open about wanting to keep it. She actually went to the Creative Team a few days ago and begged them to let her keep the title. They of course told her no and to suck it up and deal with it.

Since they wouldn’t let her keep the title, Michelle’s been taking it out on me. It’s like I’m back in high school! For the past week Michelle, Layla, and Vickie have been picking on me and calling me goth and a freak and stuff like that. They’re taking this way too far for just a title.

Back when Matt and I were in high school, I used to get picked on all the time. It was always because of the way I dressed and the type of music I listened to and stuff like that. I remember Matt would always yell at our classmates to stop, and a few times he even got in an actual fight with one of them. I’ll never understand why Matt went through all that trouble... just for me…

The Creative Team seemed to know exactly what to have the other Divas say just to push my buttons...

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I walked into the Divas’ locker room and quietly got changed into my ring attire for my match that would be up first tonight. Once I was done changing, I grabbed my face paint and headed into the bathroom.

It took me a while to do my paint this time. I wanted it to be just perfect for tonight.

My inspiration came from the House of Night series. I drew a midnight blue crescent moon in the middle of my forehead. I then decided to add forest green vines that almost sprouted from either side of the moon. The vines surrounded my eyes and trailed down the sides of my face. The vines ended just past my eyes, making a sort of mask. [Masks were sort of my thing when it came to face painting.] I finished by adding black leaves to the vines.

Checking the time, I saw that it was almost time for my match. I hurried out of the bathroom, shoved my crap in my locker, and sprinted to the entrance place.

I met Matt and Jeff near the curtain that led out to the ring. They would be at ringside for my match.

“Ready?” Jeff asked as I started warming up.

“I don’t even know.” I said shaking out my limbs. “I just know Layla and Vickie are going to help Michelle cheat so she can keep the title.”

Michelle’s music started playing. I watched as she made her way out to the ring with Layla and Vickie. They would be at ringside rooting for Michelle.

They reached the ring and did their bit. Michelle took a mic and stated that there was no way I would ever win the title from her. She called me a gothic freak – High school much? – and told me to get ready to get my butt kicked. All the while Michelle was talking Layla and Vickie were showing their signs of approval.

My music started playing and I ran out to the cheering arena with Matt and Jeff behind me. We made our way down to the ramp, high-fiving fans as we went, and I slid into the ring.

I attacked Michelle before the bell even sounded, releasing some of my pent up anger from this past week. I tackled her to the ground and started punching every bit of her I could reach. The ref pulled me off her and separated us.

Matt and Jeff climbed into the ring behind me. Jeff was holding a mic.

“You two,” he said pointing at Layla and Vickie. “Aren’t going to be interfering in tonight’s match. Matt and I are here to make sure of that.”

Vickie and Layla wore identical looks of shock. I was a little shocked too. This part had not been scripted.

Matt took the mic from Jeff. “We agreed before coming out here that Zarah deserves a fair title match, instead of the usual three-on-one you guys pulled with the other Divas you’ve faced.” I smiled as Matt took a step towards them and they shrunk back. “Don’t. Try. Anything.”

Matt and Jeff climbed out of the ring and went to sit at ringside. Layla and Vickie followed, making sure to stay a safe distance from them.

Once everyone was out of the ring, the ref made sure Michelle and I were ready to start before signaling to the commentary table to ring the bell.

As soon as the three rings sounded I tackled Michelle again. I hit her head on the ground as many times as I could before the ref pulled me off her again. I grabbed her by the hair and yanked her up.

She punched me in the stomach. I let go of her and staggered back a few steps. She came at me and tried to punch me. I ducked and pulled a quick leg sweep, knocking to the floor of the ring. I quickly pinned her but she kicked out at one.

“And it looks like it was too early for a cover.” I heard one of the commentators say as I rolled off her.

We stood up and ran at each other. I ended up Spearing her, putting all my strength into it. We fell to the ground and I pinned her again. This time she kicked out at two.

She pushed me off her and jumped up. I started to stand up but a blow to the back had me sprawled on the ground again. Before I could do anything, Michelle picked me up and pulled her Faith Breaker on me.

She rolled me over and pinned me. It took all my strength to kick out at two.

“COME ON ZARAH!” Matt and Jeff yelled.

I took a few deep breaths before finally getting to my feet.

Michelle came at me and started punching me again. Pretty soon I was backed up into one of the corners of the ring and the ref had to get her off me.

“Come on!” Michelle yelled motioning for me to come at her. “Come on! Gimme your best shot!”

Instead of running at her I climbed up on the top turnbuckle. I pulled my signature flying kick and Michelle was once again on the floor of the ring. I quickly pinned her but she kicked out at two.

I jumped up and waited for her to get up before running at her. She quickly dropped down and rolled out of the ring.

The ref yelled at her to get back in the ring. She ignored him and went to the commentary table to retrieve her belt. She, Layla, and Vickie started up the ramp that led backstage as the ref started to count her out.

I stood there in shock. I couldn’t believe it. She was going to get counted out so that she could keep the title.

Matt and Jeff ran after them, but I got there first. I grabbed Michelle by the shoulder and whipped her around to face me. I put all I had into the punch I delivered to her face.

As the ref continued to count, I grabbed Michelle by the hair and dragged her back to the ring. I punched her again before hoisting her up and shoving her into the ring. I quickly jumped in after her just as the ref was about to say ten.

Michelle stood up and I pulled a Twist of Fate on her, quickly followed by my version of a Senton Bomb. I pinned her but quickly changed my mind. I didn’t want to win by pin fall. That would be too easy.

I rolled off her and stood up. I dragged Michelle to the middle of the ring, making sure she was nowhere near the ropes, and put her in a submission move similar to the Sharpshooter. I then reached behind me and grabbed her arm, pulling it back over my shoulder. I had actually managed to lift her off the floor of the ring.

“I GIVE! I GIVE!” Michelle yelled. “YOU WIN! I GIVE!”

The bell rang and I let go of Michelle, letting her fall to the ground in a heep. The arena erupted with cheers as my music started playing.

Matt and Jeff slid into the ring and tackled me. We fell to the ground in a tight group hug.

We stood up as the ref came over to us, carrying my new belt. He handed me the belt and threw my free hand up in the air.

“And you’re winner,” said the announcer. “And new Women’s Champion – Zarah Havens!”

I hugged the belt to my chest, close to tears. I was so happy.

“You did it Zarah!” Jeff exclaimed hugging me again.

I hugged him back, then turned to a smiling Matt and hugged him too.

“Ready?” he whispered in my ear.

“Let’s get it over with.” I whispered back.

I let go of Matt and turned away from him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back to him. He leaned down and kissed me, making our audience cheer even louder.

We broke apart and turned to look at Jeff, who was now holding a mic.

“I just have one thing to say.” he said smiling. “It’s about damn time.”