Your Song

Adam

Xx-zarah-xX

After SummerSlam things between Michelle and I got much worse. She blamed me for taking her title away from her – which I technically did, but I was just doing what the Creative Team said. Now all she, Layla, and Vickie did was try to make my life hell.

It got so bad that I even went to the Creative Team the other day and told them that if it meant that much to Michelle, she could win the title back at Night of Champions in a few weeks. But they told me no, I was going to keep the title and that this would make our feud even better.

Better for whom? I had asked them. Michelle was ready to beat the shit out of me. I was pretty sure the only reason she hasn’t yet was because of Matt and Jeff. They told me not to worry; she’d get over it soon.

But soon wasn’t soon enough.

I snapped out of my thoughts and finished changing into my ring attire for tonight’s tapping. I wearily headed out of the locker room, hoping I wouldn’t run into Michelle, Layla, or Vickie on my way to the entrance place.

Tonight there was going to be a tag team match to determine the number one contenders for the Unified Tag Team titles. My boys were in it [of course], and they were going up against CM Punk and Luke Gallows. The Miz and Chris Jericho, who currently held the titles, would be sitting at ringside with the commentators, to see who they would be facing at Night of Champions.

I made it to the entrance place without running into anybody. I sat against one of the walls and waited for Matt and Jeff. I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the wall; I was so exhausted, I was running on a grand total of one hour of sleep.

I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder. My eyes snapped open and I jumped up. I relaxed again when I saw Adam Copeland standing in front of me.

“Did I scare you?” he asked smiling.

“I thought you were someone else.” I said sitting back down.

“Michelle?”

I nodded.

“She and Layla were heading this way, so I thought I would come keep you company until Matt and Jeff showed up.”

“Thanks.”

“No problem.” he said sitting down next to me.

My eyes snapped open again and I looked at Adam. “Wait,” I said suddenly. “What are you doing here? I thought you were sent to RAW on the Draft.”

“I was.” he said. “But the Creative Team wanted to put me in a feud with Jason, so they had me come back to SmackDown.”

“That’s cool.” I said relaxing once again.

“I guess.” he said with a shrug. “It’s kinda weird that their having me feud with all my old tag team partners. First Chris, then Randy, now Jason.”

“I never realized that.” I said.

We talked for a while – first about wrestling, then other things like music and movies. We were into a lot of the same things and we had become fast friends by the time Matt and Jeff showed up right before their match.

I was laughing at something Adam had said when they first walked up.

“Oh hey guys.” I said, still smiling.

“I should probably get going.” Adam said standing up. “Jason and I have a locker room scene to do before your match. Bye Zarah. Good luck with your match Jeff… Matt.”

“Bye Adam.” Jeff and I said.

I looked up at Matt and saw that he was not happy. We locked eyes and he smiled, trying to cover up his anger. He sat down next to me and I took his hand in mine.

“I love you.” I said leaning my head on his shoulder.

“I love you too.” he mumbled.

“What’s wrong?” I asked turning my head to look at him.

“Nothing.” he said as the Straight Edge Society showed up.

“Nothing seems like something.” I mumbled before standing up.

This Fire by Killswitch Engage started playing and I watched as CM Punk made his way out to the ring, closely followed by Luke Gallows and Serena.

I went over and stood next to Jeff, who was already waiting at the curtains. I looked over at Matt, still sitting on the ground where I had left him, and sighed.

“It’s cause of Adam.” Jeff muttered.

“What?” I asked turning to look at him. “Why?”

“Remember how you said you didn’t want to be anything like Amy?” Jeff asked.

“Yeah,” I said. “But what does that have to do with… oh… I get it now.” I glanced over at Matt again. “Does that mean I can’t talk to Adam?”

“You can do whatever you want, Zarah.” Jeff said as he stretched his neck. “But Matt might not be very happy with some of your decisions.”

Matt stood up and came over to us just as the Straight Edge Society made it to the ring. Their music died down and I put on a fake smile as our own music started playing. The three of us headed out to the ring, Matt and Jeff a few steps in front of me. I kept the smile glued to my face all the way down to the ring. I finally let it drop when the match started.

I wasn’t paying very much attention to the match. I felt horrible. How could I forget what Adam did to Matt? No wonder he was in a bad mood backstage. I promised myself that I wouldn’t talk to Adam if I could help it. I loved Matt with everything I had, and I really didn’t want to hurt him.

I came back to reality in time to see Matt whip Phil into one of the corners of the ring. Matt dropped down on his hands and knees and Jeff jumped into the ring. He ran at Matt and together they pulled some awesome Poetry in Motion.

Phil fell to the floor of the ring and Matt quickly pinned him. The ref started counting when Serena climbed into the ring.

I growled and jump in the ring too. I ran at her and ended up Spearing her. I went to grab her hair and suddenly remembered she was bald. I quickly jerked her up by the arms and pushed her out of the ring. I jumped out after her as Jeff tumbled out of the ring with Luke on the other side. I yelled at the ref and pointed at Matt, who still had Phil pinned.

Matt quickly hooked Phil’s leg as the ref started counting. He made the full three-count and the bell sounded. Loaded started playing throughout the cheering arena as Matt finally rolled off Phil.

Jeff and I quickly climbed into the ring and attacked Matt.

“You did it!” I yelled hugging both of them.

“Tag team titles, here we come!” yelled Jeff.

Jeff disentangled himself from our group hug and I hugged Matt tighter.

“You were amazing!” I said, even though I only paid attention to the last bit of the match.

“Thanks.” said Matt smiling. “Nice Spear by the way.”

The smile I was wearing quickly disappeared. I could tell Matt wasn’t happy. The Spear was Adam’s signature move.

“It was just a move, Matt.” I said letting go of him. “It was the first thing I thought to do.”

“Hmm, and I wonder where you thought of it.” Matt said as the ref finally raised him and Jeff’s hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took so long to update. I've been really busy lately.
I also updated part one of this story. I decided to put in a few more flashbacks, so go back and read it if you want! =P
And if anyone noticed, I made The Miz and Chris Jericho the tag team champs. I wrote this part before Over The Limit and when I heard that they were thinking of having Miz and Jericho beat the Hart Dynasty. In any case, this is fan fiction, so it doesn't even matter.