Your Song

The Truth Pt. 1

Xx-zarah-xX

It was Tuesday night and I was in the girls’ locker room getting ready for SmackDown. Tonight I was defending my title against Rosa Mendes.

I finished changing into my ring gear and headed into the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and groaned. It was obvious I had been crying.

“Putting on some makeup might help.”

I turned around and saw Rosa standing in the doorway.

“I don’t have any with me.” I said looking in the mirror again.

“You can use mine.” she said coming into the room all the way.

“Thanks.” I said as she handed me a bag of makeup.

“Lucky for you we have the same skin tone.” she said sitting on the counter.

I nodded as I dug around for some foundation, not trusting myself to talk. It was silent in the bathroom as I put on the makeup. I looked at my reflection again when I was completely done. It really did help for the most part. I looked fine now all except for my red, puffy eyes.

“Did you really cheat on Matt with Adam?” Rosa suddenly asked.

“How did you hear about that?” I asked looking up at her.

“I heard Jeff telling Shane and Shannon about it.” she said. “Sorry. I shouldn’t have asked.”

“No,” I said looking down at the sink. “It’s fine. And no, I didn’t cheat on Matt.”

“What happened?”

I sighed. “I guess Adam really likes me. He left a voicemail on my phone telling me he loved me and the way he worded things made it seem like I was cheating on Matt with him.”

“I’m sorry.” Rosa said.

“Don’t be.” I said.

“Hey Zarah, Rosa,” Kelly Kelly said poking her head into the bathroom. “You’re match is going to start soon.”

“Okay.” Rosa said. “We’re coming.”

I quickly took the eyeliner and put a tear drop coming down from the corner of each eye. I put the eyeliner in the bag and handed it to Rosa. “Let’s get this over with.” I said.

Xx-shannon-xX

I was on my way to the locker rooms after my match when I suddenly heard yelling. Making out Jeff’s voice, I quickly changed my route and followed his voice.

Once I was nearer I could actually hear what Jeff was yelling about.

“I CAN’T BELIVE YOU ZARAH!” he was screaming. “MATT LOVED YOU SO MUCH! HE PUT EVERYTHING HE HAD INTO THIS FUCKING RELATIONSHIP! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HIM? AND ESPECIALLY WITH ADAM!”

I listened as Jeff continued to yell at Zarah. He was saying a lot of really hurtful things.

“Jeff, I-”

“SHUT UP ZARAH!” Jeff yelled cutting her off. “YOU SAY YOU’RE NOTHING LIKE AMY, BUT YOU EXACTLY LIKE HER!”

“Jeff, listen to m-”

“DON’T TELL ME TO FUCKING LISTEN TO YOU!” I couldn’t take it anymore. Yeah, I was mad at what Zarah had done to Matt, but she didn’t deserve to be treated like this. “YOU ARE SUCH A-”

“Hey Jeff!” I said coming around the corner. “You and Matt’s match is coming up soon man! They just went to commercial!”

Jeff gave Zarah a very hateful look before finally leaving.

Making sure Jeff was completely gone, I turned to Zarah. She had her back against the wall and her head was in her hands. I heard her sniff and knew she was crying.

“That’s gotta feel great.” I said.

Zarah brought her head up to look at me. She looked like a real bad mess. It looked like she put on makeup – probably to hide that she had been crying.

“Are you here to yell at me too?” she asked wiping her nose.

“No.”

She looked shocked. “Don’t you think I deserve it?”

“Of course I do.” I said leaning against the wall next to her. “But I think Jeff said enough hurtful things to you to last a while. Don’t you?”

She shrugged her shoulders.

“I just have one question though.”

“What’s that?”

“How could you? Matt loved you so much.”

Her head dropped down into her hands again. She said something I couldn’t make out.

“What?”

She brought her head up again. “I said I didn’t. I didn’t cheat on Matt.”

“But what about the voicemail?” I said. “Matt had us all listen to it.”

“The way Adam worded things does make it sound that way.” she said wiping away a new river of tears. “But I swear that’s not what it means, Shannon. I love Matt so much!”

I looked her in the eyes when she said that and knew she was telling the truth.

“I believe you.” I said.

“You do?”

I nodded. “I know you would never do that to Matt.”

She smiled before bursting into tears. I put my arms around her in a bear hug as she cried. “What am I going to do Shannon?” she asked. “Matt won’t even listen to me!”

“I don’t know.” I said. “But I promise I’m going to help you.”

Loaded by Zack Tempest started blasting throughout the arena, meaning Matt and Jeff won their match and would be back here soon.

Zarah obviously knew what it meant too.

“I’ll leave you alone, Shannon.” she said stepping away from me. “I don’t want Matt and Jeff mad at you too.”

“No, Zarah, wait-”

“Hey Shannon!”

I whipped around and saw Matt, Jeff, and Shane coming our way. I turned back around to face Zarah and saw that she was already gone.