Your Song

SmackDown

Xx-zarah-xX

It was Tuesday night. Meisa and I were at the taping of SmackDown. It was amazing getting to see the wrestlers live; I remember how much I used to love watching this stuff with Matt and Jeff when we were little. I made a mental note to start watching again – I could always just not watch when Matt and Jeff wrestled.

So far things were going okay. The matches I had seen were pretty awesome. I really liked the match between Dolph Ziggler and Hurricane Helms. The Hurricane seemed really familiar, but he was wearing a mask the whole time and I couldn't see his face.

I hadn't see Matt yet. Maybe he was on a different brand; I had been trying to pay as little attention to him as I could for the past ten years, maybe I got the name wrong...

"Oh yeahhhhhhh Whoo!
I can slap a tornado!
I can dry up a sea, yeah!
When I live for the moment,
There ain't no, ain't no in me!"

Meisa, along with a large majority of the audience in the arena cheered as the song started playing. I looked at the place where the wrestlers came out and froze.

Matt Hardy was making his way to the ring.

I kept watching him. He was smiling the whole way to the ring. He was flashing what I guess was his sign with his hands.

He looked at the commentary table and then his eyes moved over to me. We locked eyes. He stopped smiling and dropped his hands. He just stood there in the middle of the ring, frozen like I was.

As fast as he stopped, he started up again. He quickly turned his back on me and acted as if nothing had happened.

The wrestler he was facing came out and they started the match.

A little ways into the match and Matt wasn't doing to good. It looked like he was having a tough time concentrating.

Xx-matt-xX

Zarah was here. She was really, actually here! I couldn't believe it!

McIntyre suddenly had me pinned and I almost forgot to kick out at two. I was having a tough time concentrating on the match. I couldn't help but look at Zarah every chance I had and it also didn't help that her eyes seemed to be glued to me the whole time.

I tried to pull a Twist of Fate on Drew and ended up getting thrown into one of the corners of the ring. He jumped on me and started punching me.

"Get it together Hardy!" McIntyre whispered in my ear. "Remember, you're supposed to win this match!"

"Sorry." I said before he jumped off me.

I tried my best to put Zarah out of my mind. I finally pinned McIntyre after a successful Twist of Fate and the match was over.

The bell rang and my music started playing. The ref lifted my hand into the air and I tiredly lifted the other with it. I glanced over at Zarah and saw that she was cheering for me. I smiled, she was cheering for me like when we were little and Jeff and I would wrestle on our trampoline and in OMEGA.

"The winner and new Intercontinental Champion - Matt Hardy!" the announcer said.

The ref dropped my arm and I headed backstage. I found Jeff warming up for his match that was up after the commercial break.

"What's up with you?" he asked stretching his arms.

"Nothing... just tired from the match." I lied.

"You sure?" he asked.

I must look really bad. "Yeah."

"Jeff we gotta go." CM Punk said walking by us. "The break's gonna be over soon."

"Alright, I'm coming Phil." he said.

"Good luck with your match." I said clapping him on the shoulder. "Try not to get hurt this time."

"Thanks. I'll try." he said before leaving.

Xx-zarah-xX

This Fire by Killswitch Engage [a favorite song of mine] started playing and a wrestler named CM Punk came out. People started booing him as he made his way to the ring.

He slid into the ring and the music died down. New music started up and someone wearing the World Heavyweight belt came out and started dancing around. It took me a few minutes to realize that it was Jeff Hardy, and then I started cheering with practically everyone else in the arena.

Jeff entered the ring and stood up on one of the corners. He looked out into the audience and we locked eyes. He gave a look of surprise that quickly changed to a huge smile and he waved to me. It reminded me of when we were little.

I smiled and waved back before he jumped down from the ropes and turned to face CM Punk.

The music died down and the wrestlers were announced. I cheered as loud as I could when the announcer said Jeff's name. Jeff handed his belt to the ref and the match started.

That match was awesome – especially at the end when Jeff did a Twist of Fate and then a Swanton Bomb [Meisa told me the names of the moves] on CM Punk and won the match.

I screamed at the top of my lungs for Jeff as his music started playing again. He stood in the middle of the ring for a few minutes breathing heavily. He was clearly tired.

He went to the commentary table and took his belt back. He then came over to the fans and started giving high-fives.

He got to us and high-fived both of us. "Come backstage after the show." He said smiling at me before moving on to other people.

"OHMYGOD!" Meisa yelled in my ear. "Jeff Hardy wants us to go backstage! OHMYGOD!"

I smiled as she continued to freak out.

Well this should be interesting...
♠ ♠ ♠
By the way, if anyone reading this has noticed, I switched Hurricane Helms from ECW to SmackDown. Why? Because I can and because it'll make things easier in my story. lol.
-Aiden