Your Song

The Truth Pt. 2

Xx-jeff-xX

I was on my way to the locker room at tonight’s house show. Unfortunately the guys’ and girls’ locker rooms were practically right next to each other. I reached the doors at the same time as Zarah.

“Hi Jeff.” she said smiling faintly.

I glared at her in a way the clearly showed my hatred for her. She dropped the smile and quickly headed into the girls’ room.

“Whore.” I muttered before heading into the guys’ room.

I headed to my locker and started changing into my ring gear.

“Did she try and talk to you too?” Shane said sitting down on the bench by our lockers.

I nodded and jerked on my boot. I stared to lace up my boots, jerking roughly on them.

Shannon came into the locker room and went to his locker that was a few down from ours. We were all still really pissed at Shannon. We haven’t really talked since the house show a few days ago when he stuck up for Zarah.

“Hasn’t she realized we want nothing to do with her?” Shane said acting like Shannon wasn’t even there.

I continued to jerk on my shoe string. One last tug as I got it laced to the top and it broke. I growled and grabbed my bad.

“I really wish she would stop trying to lie about it.” I said looking in my bag for a spare shoe string. “It was so obvious she was cheating on Matt.”

“She wasn’t cheating on Matt.”

Shane and I turned to look at Shannon.

“Not this shit again.” Shane said.

“I’m telling the truth.” Shannon said.

“Really?” I said finally finding the shoe string. “And where’s the proof?”

“Listen to Adam’s voicemail again!” Shannon said. “He never said they were doing anything! He just said he was fucking in love with Zarah! And besides that, we’ve all known Zarah since we were kids! Do you really think she would ever do something like that?”

He slammed his locker shut and stormed out of the room.

I sighed and looked at Shane. He looked like he felt as bad as I did. “Shannon’s right.” I said. “We shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions.”

Shane nodded. “How could we think she would do something like that?” he said. “She loved Matt. There were so many times when she made that clear.”

“She always said Matt was her world.” I said. “Shane, I think we fucked up.”

He nodded again. “Maybe we should go find her…”

I quickly finished lacing up my boots and we hurried out of the room. We found Zarah and Shannon by one of the doors that led outside.

“I’m sorry Zarah.” Shannon said.

“It’s not your fault Shan.” she said sounding close to tears. “I’m just happy you tried. You really didn’t need to do that.”

Shannon pulled her into a hug as we drew nearer to them. “It’ll be okay.” he said. “I promise.”

“So do we.” I said as we finally reached them.

They pulled part, both wearing looks of shock.

“What?” Zarah asked with a confused look on her face.

“We’re so sorry Zarah.” I said. “We should have known better.”

“We know how much Matt means to you and that you would never do anything to hurt him.” Shane said. “We were just so shocked; I guess we didn’t really take the time to think about it.”

“Will you forgive us?” I asked.

She nodded as tears filled her eyes. I pulled her into a hug as they finally spilled over and started running down her cheeks.

“Oh Jeff,” she said through her tears. “I miss Matt so much!”

“I know.” I said stroking her hair. “It’ll be okay. I promise.”