Your Song

The Feud Begins

Xx-zarah-xX

I woke up early on Thursday morning once again in Matt’s bed. I felt like shit and didn’t want to get out of bed. I got the feeling that something bad would happen if I did.

Rolling over, I once again found that I had the whole bed to myself. Lucas wasn’t even there this time.

I tried to go back to sleep, but eventually gave up and went to go find Matt. I hoped my feelings were just messing with me.

Matt was in the kitchen, leaning against the counter and drinking his usual cup of morning coffee. He was reading something that looked like our script for SmackDown.

“Morning Sleeping Beauty.” he said as I attempted to wrap my arms around his middle.

I rolled my eyes and stole the script from him. He gave me his coffee and went to get himself another cup.

I opened the script and skimmed the pages until I got to our part.

“They’re already having you defend the title against Jason?” I said drinking my coffee.

“Keep reading.”

I read all the way to the bottom of the page and almost spit out my coffee. I looked up at Matt in disbelief.

“I guess it’s time for another Hardy Boyz feud.” he said shrugging his shoulders.

“You don’t seem too upset about it.” I said setting the script down.

“Jeff and I actually like wrestling each other.” he said with another shoulder shrug. “It’s like when we were kids. The fans don’t really seem to like it though.”

“So, what? Are they going to have you guys feud for the title?”

He nodded. “They think it’ll make things more interesting since we’re brothers.”

“And they’re going to put me in the middle of all this.” It wasn’t a question.

He nodded again. “Most likely.”

“Great.” I said slamming the coffee cup down on the counter and storming out of the kitchen. “Just fucking great!”

I knew I shouldn’t have gotten out of bed.

x-later-x

Before I knew it, it was Tuesday and SmackDown was almost over. We just went to a commercial break and then Matt would defend his World Heavyweight title again Christian for the main event.

I was waiting by the entrance place for the wrestlers with Jason. Matt and Jeff showed together laughing about something.

I sighed and turned away from them. I pretended to become interested in one of the walls.

“Zarah.” Matt said.

I ignored him.

“Zarah.”

I ignored him again.

He sighed and his strong arms wrapped around my waist.

“Zarah.” I finally turned around to face him. “Everything’s going to be fine. It’s not real. I’ll be fine. I promise.” When I still didn’t say anything he leaned down and kissed me. “I love you.”

I looked up at him and smiled. “I love you too.”

The commercial break ended and Jason headed out to the ring as his music started playing throughout the arena.

“Ready?” Matt asked letting go of me.

“I guess so.” I said.

Jason made it to the ring and his music died down. Jeff wished us luck as Matt’s music started playing in its place and we headed out to the ring. Jeff would be waiting backstage…

Matt climbed into the ring as I took my spot in his corner. The ref took the belt from Matt and signaled to the commentary table to ring the bell. I watched the match and tried not to freak out.

I didn’t want this to happen. I loved working with Matt and Jeff in Team Xtreme. Matt’s told me about their feuds in the past. I was with the fans; I hated it when Matt and Jeff had to fight each other.

I tried to act as normal as possible. But when Matt pulled a Side Effect on Christian I seriously thought I was going to lose it. That was Jeff’s cue.

Matt pinned Christian after pulling the Side Effect. He was turned away from the entrance place so he couldn’t see Jeff coming down the ramp with a chair.

“Jeff, what are you doing?” I asked as he walked past me.

He ignored me – just like we planned. He tossed the chair into the ring and climbed in after it. He had a look on his face that clearly showed he was pissed off.

By then Christian had managed to kick out, and he and Matt were on their feet again. Jason said something to the ref about how Jeff shouldn’t be in the ring and pointed behind Matt. Jeff gripped the chair in both hands and hit Matt in the head just as he whipped around to face his younger brother.

“MATT!” I screamed hurriedly climbing into the ring.

Matt fell to the floor of the ring as the bell rang, signaling that the match was now over due to disqualification.

I ran and knelt down next to Matt. Jeff came and stood next to me, still holding the chair. He raised the chair again and I covered my face with my arms as he got ready to strike me next.

He seemed to think better of it at the last second. Instead of hitting me, he threw the chair on top of Matt and climbed out of the ring. He headed up the ramp and backstage as people started booing him.

I pretended to be frozen for a few seconds before climbing out of the ring and chasing after him.

“Jeff!” I called running after him once I was backstage. “Jeff! What the hell was that about? Jeff! Would you stop and talk to me? JEFFERY NERO HARDY!”

I finally caught up to Jeff. I grabbed him by the shoulder and made to turn him around, but he was quicker. He whipped around and pinned me to the nearest wall. I waited until the cameraman caught up to us before speaking.

“Jeff, you’re hurting me!” I said trying and failing to break free.

He didn’t say anything, he just looked really pissed. He looked me in the eyes, breathing heavily with anger. Our faces were less than an inch apart. I did my best to look scared.

He finally let go of me and stalked off. I quickly put on what I hoped to be a very worried face as the camera turned to face me.