Your Song

Matt vs Jeff Pt. 2

Xx-zarah-xX

“Zarah-”

“No Matt.”

“Zarah, please-”

“No.”

“Zarah, I can’t lose the title this soon!”

I was walking down an empty hall and Matt was following me. He was trying to get me to help him cheat in his match against Jeff tonight.

I finally stopped and whipped around to face him. “Is that all you care about?!” I asked. “There are more important things in life than a stupid title Matt! What about your relationship with your brother?”

“Zarah, he started it!”

“You sound like a five year old!” I exclaimed. “I don’t care who started it! You’re the older brother! You should be the one to end it!”

I stormed out of the view of the camera, leaving Matt looking pissed beyond belief.

“You gonna be okay?” Matt asked putting an arm around my shoulders once the camera was off.

I sighed. “I think so.”

x-later-x

“Jeff are you even listening to me?!” I exclaimed grabbing the face paint out of his hand.

“Yes, I am listening to you.” he said grabbing the paint back. “And no, I’m not going to back out of the match.”

“But Jeff-”

“Zarah,” he said cutting me off. “I’m going to wrestle Matt tonight. That title should be mine! Just deal with it!”

“You’re telling me to deal?!” I all but yelled. “How about you deal with the fact that you don’t have the title!” Jeff stopped doing his face paint and turned to look at me. Shock was written all over his face. “For the first time in your guys’ careers, Matt’s done something better than you and you can’t even be a freakin’ good brother about it! What is your guys’ problem?!”

I jumped off the counter I had been sitting on before and stormed out of the bathroom. I came back in after giving the cameraman time to turn off the camera.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this Zarah?” Jeff asked me.

I sighed. “It doesn’t really matter if I am or not.” I said. “I’m going to have to be.”

x-later-x

“Matt.”

He ignored me, clearly pissed.

“Matt.”

He ignored me again and continued to lace up his boots.

“Matt.”

He still didn’t say anything. He finished lacing up his boots and grabbed his shirt – he was shirtless right now.

“Matt!” I grabbed his face and turned it so that I was looking him in the eyes. “Matt, please, don’t wrestle tonight!”

He pulled my hands off him and continued to get ready. His and Jeff’s match was coming up real soon and this was my last ditch effort to get one of them to back out.

I sighed before leaving the locker room we used for backstage scenes. I nervously tugged on the edge of my referee shirt as I headed down an empty hall. The camera followed me as I made my way to the entrance place.

I rounded a corner and ran into Serena of the Straight Edge Society. Literally.

“Watch where you’re going!” she said.

I rolled my eyes as I continued walking. I got to the entrance place and saw Matt and Jeff standing on opposite sides of the room. Both were looking at me, expecting me to go talk to them. I sighed and sat down on a random crate.

The cameraman told us the camera was off and walked away. There would be one last commercial break before our match.

Matt said something to me and I ignored him. Jeff said something a few seconds later and I ignored him too. I really didn’t want to do this.