Your Song

Apologies

Xx-zarah-xX

It was a week later on SmackDown. I just showed up backstage and saw Matt and Jeff doing their backstage scene at the start of the show.

“I’m sorry man.” Jeff said pulling Matt into a tight hug. “I was a huge jerk. I should have been happy for you when you won the title. It’s because of me Zarah got hurt last week.”

“It’s okay.” Matt said hugging him back. “And it’s just as much my fault as it is yours.”

Matt turned his head away from the camera and buried his head in his younger brother’s chest. I heard him sniff and my eyes teared up even though I knew he was acting. I hated seeing Matt upset.

“I’m sure she’s okay.” Jeff said.

“Have you talked to the doctors lately?” Matt asked as they let go of each other.

Jeff nodded. “They said she has some internal bleeding and a severely sprained wrist.”

Matt looked shocked and it quickly turned to a look of pure anger.

“But they said she’s healing quickly.” Jeff said quickly.

Matt shook his head angrily. “I’m going to kill them!” he said.

I waited until the camera was turned off before heading over to them.

“How’s your arm?” was the first thing out of their mouths.

I held up my right arm that was wrapped up in an ace bandage. “Still here.” I said. “Although it might hurt less if they had just amputated it.”

I guess they didn’t find that funny.

“Are you sure you want to do this tonight?” Jeff asked me.

“For the millionth time, yes!” I said. “Don’t worry about me! I’ll be fine!”

“Zarah,” Matt said pulling me into his arms. “Jeff and I both care about you! How do you expect us not to worry?”

“I don’t know…”

x-later-x

I watched Matt and Jeff head out to the ring together on one of the TV monitors. I was backstage with Teddy Long and Serena, all of us waiting for our cues to head out.

Matt had the mic to start out. He said that what happened during his and Jeff’s match last week may have brought them together again, but they were now both pissed beyond belief at the SES.

Jeff took the mic from his brother and announced that tonight for the main event there way going to be a tag team match of Matt and Jeff verse CM Punk and Luke Gallows. The crowd cheered loudly at this news. Jeff continued when the cheering died down and said that they were going to make the SES pay dearly for what they did to me.

Teddy’s music started playing and he headed out to the stage area.

“Now hold on just a minute there, playa.” he said. “There’s been a slight change in the match for tonight.”

Jeff and Matt looked confused.

“This is now going to be a three-on-three tag team match.”

“With who?” Jeff asked into the microphone.

CM Punk’s music started playing and Serena headed out.

“It will be CM Punk, Luke Gallows, and Serena verse Matt and Jeff Hardy and their partner…”

My music started playing and I headed out to the cheering arena. I slowly made my way down to the ring, high-fiving people as I went. I slowly climbed into the ring. I stumbled and Matt caught me before I could fall.

“Teddy what the hell is wrong with you!?” Jeff asked. “Zarah’s in no condition to wrestle tonight!”

I took the mic from Jeff. “I asked him to put me in the match Jeffery.”

Matt grabbed the mic from me. “What are you thinking?!” he exclaimed. “You can’t wrestle tonight! Look at your arm! I forbid you to be in this match!”

I snatched the mic back. “You can’t forbid me to do anything Matt! I’m not just going to sit around and let you take care of the SES for me! I’m in this match! Deal with it!”

And with that, I shoved the mic into Jeff’s hand and headed backstage as we went to commercial.

After the break there was a match between Shane and Kofi Kingston. I hurried to the locker room they used for backstage scenes as their match ended and Matt and Jeff came in a few minutes later.

“Zarah you can’t do this!” Matt said once the camera was rolling.

I ignored him and continued to get ready for our match that was up after this.

“Zarah would you please listen to us?” Jeff said.

I ignored them again and pulled on my boots. I started lacing them up but stopped when Matt put his hands on mine.

“Zarah, please don’t.” he said softly. “We don’t want you to get hurt again.”

I straightened up and turned to face Matt and Jeff. “I’m in the match. Deal with it.” I said before leaving the locker room.

Matt and Jeff came out a few seconds later after saying their last few lines. I linked arms with my boys and we headed to the entrance place together.

The SES was already heading out to the ring when we got there. There was going to be another commercial break before we headed out. I decided to do some last minute stretching while we waited.

I pulled my left arm across my chest. I felt Matt slip his arms around my waist as I stretched. I dropped my arm and leaned into his embrace. He gently grabbed my injured arm and brought it up to kiss it.

“Promise me you’ll be careful.” he said.

“I can’t promise you that.” I said as he kissed my cheek.

He sighed in frustration. “Zaraaaaaaah.”

“Maaaaaaatt.”

Loaded started blasting throughout the arena, letting us know the break was over.