Your Song

Betrayed

Xx-zarah-xX

It’s been about a week since the incident on the plane with Layla. It was another Tuesday night and we were in the middle of tapping NXT.

I wished my favorite rookie, Lucky Cannon, luck with his match tonight and went to get ready for SmackDown.

On my way to the locker rooms I walked by Layla. I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes when she gave me an ubber-fake smile.

Don’t get me wrong, I normally didn’t have a problem with Layla. We had actually been really good friends for a while… but I was really starting to worry…

She and Matt had been talking a lot lately – and I don’t mean “just friends” talking. I trusted Matt with my life… but I’m just so worried that there’s something going on between them. It’s not very hard to see that Layla’s taken a sudden interest in my boyfriend, and Matt’s been acting a little weird lately too…

I stopped walking and mentally slapped myself. Maybe Matt wasn’t the one acting weird… maybe I was. I needed to stop being so paranoid and trust Matt. The last thing I wanted was for something like what happened with Adam to happen again.

I continued on my way to the locker rooms, pushing my paranoia to the back of my mind. I changed into my ring gear, did my hair and makeup, and headed back out to find Matt.

“Hey Zarah!”

I turned around and saw Shannon coming my way.

“Oh, hey, Shannon!” I said as I waited for him to make his way over to me.

“Julie wanted me to give you these.” he said holding out my favorite pair of armbands. A few weeks ago they ripped during my match. I had gone straight to Shannon’s wife and asked her to fix them for me.

“Tell her thanks.” I said taking them. “I actually forgot about them.”

“So did she, but I’m not supposed to tell you that.” he said winking.

I laughed. “Way to go Moore.” I looked around the somewhat crowded hallway and sighed. “Have you seen Matt?”

He shook his head. “I’ve actually been looking for him too.”

Why did I have a bad feeling about this? “Do you wanna look for him together?” I asked, trying to ignore the bad feeling that had suddenly settled in my stomach.

“Sure.” I think he could tell I was worried.

We started walking in the direction Shannon had come from. We rounded a corner and stopped dead in our tracks. It felt like my heart was just ripped to shreds.

Matt was leaning against the wall, holding Layla by the shoulders, kissing her. They broke apart and looked over at us. Layla was giving me an “I won” look while Matt looked shocked at just being caught.

I dropped my armbands that I was in the middle of putting on and ran away.

“ZARAH!” I heard Matt and Shannon call.

I heard heavy footsteps behind me and new Matt was chasing after me. I pushed myself faster, trying to get away from him. I really didn’t want to talk to him right now, I felt so betrayed.

The locker room was empty when I ran in and slammed the door shut behind me. I leaned back against the door and slid down into a sitting position. I looked around one last time, making sure I was alone, before finally breaking down.

I heard banging on the door a few minutes later.

“Zarah!”I heard Matt’s voice call. “Zarah let me in!”

“Go away!” I yelled through my tears.

“Zarah, please!” he yelled.

I ignored him as he continued to yell and pound on the door. I hugged my knees to my chest and let my head drop down on them. I continued to cry even as I heard SmackDown’s music start playing, letting everyone know they started tapping.