Your Song

The Accident

Xx-zarah-xX

“Are you sure you want to leave tonight?” Rosa asked me as I quickly packed my bag. “You could always go in the morning.”

“I don’t think I can stand being here another night.” I said. “I can’t be around all these people when I’m feeling like this. I need to be alone for a while.”

“Did you get the okay from Vince?”

I nodded. “I don’t have to show up to anything till Tuesday.”

I was still really worked up about my latest fight with Matt that happened not even an hour ago. I talked to Vince as soon as Rosa and I got back to the hotel and he was letting me miss the rest of the house shows this week and go home; this way I wouldn’t have to see Matt [or Layla] for a whole week.

My ring gear was the last thing to go in my bag. I roughly zipped it closed and slung it over my shoulder. I took one last look at the room to make sure I had everything before leaving with Rosa, who had said she would walk me to the rental car.

We reached the lobby and I said a string of curse words under my breath. Matt was there.

Fucking fantastic! >_<

I kept my eyes forward and picked up my pace as we walked. I was almost to the doors when I broke my concentration. I quickly glanced at him out of the corner of my eye and saw him watching me.

My eyes snapped forward and I kept walking.

“Well,” Rosa said as we reached the car. “I guess I’ll see you Tuesday.”

“Yup.” I sighed. “Thanks for walking me out.”

I threw my bag in the back seat and gave Rosa a quick hug before getting in the driver’s seat. Through the windshield, I could see Matt and Jeff watching me from the lobby. I started the car and backed out of the parking space. I put the car in drive and waved to Rosa as I drove out of the parking lot.

x-later-x

It was either very late or very early when my plane finally touched down in Cameron at the Rooster Field airport.

I texted Meisa to let her know what was going on and asked her if I could stay with her for a while. I grabbed my luggage and headed out to my car that was waiting for me in the long term parking lot.

Still trying to hold in my tears, I hopped in the car and tossed my bag in the passenger seat. I started the car and drove out of the parking lot before finally letting the tears fall. I had been holding them in since I first got on the plane.

How could I be so stupid? I loved Matt and I really wanted him back. And then I went and ruined it! I was crying partially because I was frustrated with myself for screwing things up and partially because I was afraid that Matt wouldn’t want to take me back now.

I wiped at my eyes for the millionth time as I pulled up to a four-way intersection. I thought about how I had to wait a week now before I could talk to Matt again. A fresh wave of tears came and I wiped at my eyes again as I pulled out into the intersection, failing to see the car that was coming at me way too fast.

The last thing I remembered was lots of extreme pain before blacking out.

Xx-matt-xX

I woke up to someone pounding on the door to the hotel room Jeff and I were sharing for the night.

“Go get the damn door.” I growled to my brother.

“You do it.” I heard him growl back, his voice muffled because his face was buried in his pillow.

Neither of us moved to get up and the pounding continued.

“Fine! I’ll get it!” I said when it didn’t stop.

I got out of bed and went to the door in nothing but my boxers. I flung the door open and saw Shane and Shannon standing in the doorway; Shannon had his fist raised like he was still pounding.

“Guys it’s late.” I said blinking at the blinding light behind them. “Can’t this wait until morning?”

It took me a few seconds to realize something was wrong.

“Matt...” Shane said.

“Is Zarah okay?” was the first thing out of my mouth.

Shannon looked down at his feet and wiped his eyes. Shane sighed. “Meisa just called.” he said, looking like he was going to cry too. “There was a car accident... Zarah’s in the hospital.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yeah, Zarah's in the hospital now. What do you think will happen? Live or die? What about Matt and Zarah? Together again or not?
By the way, I started posting a Shannon Moore story called Tumors And Hearts. Go read and tell me what you think!
-Aiden