Status: Send in stories. Message me with pictures and ect..

Remember Rev

What the Hell are Wrong with Camera Phones?

I began listening to Avenged Sevenfold when I was fifteen years old when I saw the video for Unholy Confessions on Fuse and fell in love.

However, I could never buy either Sound of the Seventh Trumpet or Waking the Fallen because it was either not in stock when I had money, and full in stock when I had none.

But I was still an anxious growing fan.

During Warped Tour '05 was the first time I saw A7X live. Then and there I fell completely in love with the music and the band alike. I also had a chance to meet the band as well, but thanks to ignorance and heat exhaustion, I *stupidly* turned it down knowing full well that they were going to blow up soon. How can a band with music that epic and with a stage performance that amazing not become huge?

A year later I abandon Warped Tour tickets for Ozzfest since Avenged was on the bill. While there I found that they were going to do a signing for everyone who bought the City of Evil album. On a quick side note, I really don't think this was the bands idea (well, other than the fact it usually is the labels’) as this album had been out for sometime and everyone there to see them (which was a good number of people) had the album already.

This of course included me. Yet there I was, new copy of City of Evil in my hands, and one of the first fifty in line to meet the band, besides Matt Sanders as he wasn't present for it.

Rabid butterflies raged in my stomach as my spot in line got closer and closer to the band, and soon I was face to face with none other than Jimmy Sullivan himself.

I don't remember too much in detail about the encounter as I was pretty in awe, because after a brief greeting and a quick signature I asked if I could have a picture.

Jimmy is a friggin' epic spazz as I found out when he eagerly agreed. Unfortunately, I was un able to get the shot since it was a camera phone and I was not allowed to use it for pictures.

Jimmy looked at me apologetically, and might of actually said sorry, but I brushed it of and told him not to worry and thanks for the siggy, or something.

In those few seconds he shown how much kindness, love, and enthusiasm he had for his fans. It left such an imprint on me that when I got home, all I could say about the signing was how sweet the Rev was, and that I would've never expected a rock star to be so sweet.

I saw A7X two more times after that day, and this past month I started to really crave one of their concerts. Their shows and music where/are my release from all my pint up frustration and grief. As well, I started to think what I was going to get tattooed for them, as I still haven't decided since high school.

I think it will have to have a tribute to Jimmy, as he was the one to show so much kindness on that day. Well, the others did as well, but nothing like what the Rev emitted when you first walked up to him.

James Owen Sullivan was a great man, and I never have heard anything bad about him from anyone, instead so much good. This truly shows how much of an influence, no matter how it was reached, he had on all of us A7X fans.

Jimmy, you will be missed, forever loved, and never forgotten.

~Amber
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Thanks for the story!