Status: Send in stories. Message me with pictures and ect..

Remember Rev

The Means of Escaping The Afterlife

The Rev. Jimmy. The drummer of Avenged Sevenfold. James Owen Sullivan. There's so much one can say about him, it's hard to find the perfect words to show how much respect and admiration he has given to others.

Like most of us, when I found out he passed on, I was skeptical and I really didn't want to believe it, but it happened. Life happens and there's nothing we can do to alter it. Even if a time machine was invented, would you really go back to save him? You can't cheat death and things do happen for a reason, no matter how annoying that saying is; it's way too true.

The time of his death, that was when I really got in touch with my emotions. I cried like a baby when I found out. I do cry, I admit that, but it takes a lot to make me bawl and sob. Mr. Sullivan made me bawl and sob.

It's a weird feeling to feel such sadness over someone's death, especially when one didn't know them personally. Especially when one has never met him before in their life. A lot of people have said he was like the brother they never had and all of that but I definitely won't say that. I can't say he was like a brother to me when he's never known me.

What I will say is that although he wasn't my favorite, favorite member in the band, he was the great personality of the group.

I began listening to Avenged Sevenfold two years ago when I was in eighth grade. I didn't really know who they were but I knew I would end up loving their music. What I didn't expect was to end up loving the band members as well. It might sound cheesy but I honestly don't give two shits.

Matt (M. Shadows) is the big and fearless leader of the band. Zacky (Zacky Vengeance) and Brian (Synyster Gates) are the duo who wreck havoc everywhere with their crazy antics. Johnny (Johnny Christ) is the youngest of the group and also the shortest that everyone made fun of, but still held his own. Jimmy (The Reverend Tholomew Plague) was the one that made up all the cool and funny quotes and made everyone laugh at any given moment.

Although I never received the pleasure of meeting him, it's as though I knew how personality so well. That's what going on Youtube at three a.m. in the morning does. The band isn't fully complete without him. After so many years of being together in such a close knit family, seeing him gone is just too much.

He truly didn't deserve to go so early. He was an inspiration to so many people who gave up on their lives, until they knew of his story. The man once had to live in a laundromat, how sad is that? He didn't care though. He was the type to never care about people who slapped judgments and stereotypes on him. The only things he was concerned about was having fun and protecting his loved ones.

As heartbreaking as it is that he isn't here anymore, we have to move on. I'm positive he doesn't want all of us to sit here, cry, and mourn over his unruly passing. And although he's physically gone from this Earth, his memory lives through us forever. We are never going to let him die in our memories and words. He'll remain immortal forever.

"Whoever has the luck to be born a character can laugh even at death. Because a character will never die! A man will die, a writer, the instrument of creation: but what he has created will never die!"

-Luigi Pirandello
♠ ♠ ♠
Awesome.
Thanks for sharing!

Now I have a question for all you guys, how many of you guys have seen the tribute video?
Tell me what you think of it?
Did you feel a lot better after you watched it?
Cuz I did, and It helped me cope for than anything.
Tell me how you felt?
Because when I watched it, I knew that jimmy had his arm around me rubbng my back helping me through it xD
Do you think Id get banned if I posted it on the summary page?