Status: Send in stories. Message me with pictures and ect..

Remember Rev

"Who am I to say that its not time?"

My name is Ivy. And I started listening to Avenged in 2008 (recent I know) when my then boyfriend said that one of his favorite songs from them was "Warmness on the Soul". But that will get addressed later on. I was surfing on mibba and I saw this. Usually, I'll continue on, because - really, the pain is still to much. But something in me made me click on it. I read everyone's stories, and it made me think of when I learned about Jimmy's death.

I woke up and got ready for my day, and went to check my e-mail. I had an abnormal amount of messages from my friends and from Mibba. I clicked on one, and it was a message from an author saying that her story was going on hiatus because of Jimmy. I remember going into shock for five minutes. I thought this was some sick joke. I immediately went to the website and saw the message. I really didn't know I was crying until I felt the tear hit my leg.

I stopped listening to Avenged Sevenfold for the second time.

See, my ex-boyfriend introduced me to Avenged Sevenfold after talking about it, and saying that one of his all time favorite songs was "Warmness on the Soul". I remember going to Fry's Electronics and trying to get the City of Evil CD. I was told it was the one to buy. My mother was going to get it (because I lacked the money) for me, and I remember bringing it to her, and the moment she saw the Parental Warning, she said: "Nope." I ran back to the display, and grabbed the only other one there, Waking the Fallen. My mom looked and looked for the Parental Warning on it, and couldn't find it, so she got it.

The minute I got home, I put it into my CD player and started listening. I fell in love with them. I have a habit of walking with the beat of the drums, so I would sit there forever and try to find Jimmy's beat. Trust me, it’s a pain in the ass. As I got all the CD's, I just fell more and more in love with there music.

When my then boyfriend and I broke up, I couldn't listen to them. That lasted a month. When Jimmy died, it lasted 4.

When the band announced they were going to continue working on the album, I was livid. "Who were they?" I thought, "Who were they to not even wait till he's cold? Where is the respect?!" But, when I thought about it, I was in shock (yet again) and asked myself: "Who am I to say that its not time? This may be their grieving process."

It just wasn't mine.

When "Nightmare" came out, my brother got it, and placed it on my Ipod. I never listened to it, and it took me until my Shuffle turned to it, 3 weeks later. When I listened to it, it was…I don't know. I still can't describe it.

I still catch myself just randomly thinking of Jimmy and can't help but look up and say, "We miss you Jimmy". I catch myself, calling my Uncle Jim, Uncle Jimmy now. And as I'm writing this my dog is at my feet just looking at me with these loving, sympathetic eyes, I feel that Jimmy is here. My dog will twirl herself into a coma, gets excited about a duck, and get depressed when she chased it away. She will sit in the exact same spot in our backyard, and look toward the sky, waiting for the Duck to comeback.

Now, I'm telling you this long run-on story because I think that all these stories that everyone has written have helped me move on. When he died I stopped listening to them. Waking the Fallen was horrible for me. City of Evil made me cry, the Self titled album just killed me. Through the months, I've been able to listen to Waking the Fallen, and most of City of Evil (I still can't listen to Seize the Day, and I don't know if I ever will), and the self titled album makes me feel just a little bit closer to Jimmy. Especially "A Little Piece of Heaven".

I've never seen them live, and I've never met them. But they've inspired me, in my writing and in life. To write, I always have to listen to music, and when Jimmy died, I couldn't really write. I spent the time thinking of Jimmy. Jimmy was a free spirit, and the essence of inspiration. I'll find a way to immortalize Jimmy in my own way. And when I do, I'll send it to Avenged Sevenfold along with this, and tell them that:

You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now. - Joan Baez

(I wanna thank you for allowing me to do this.)
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for taking your time to check out this story, it means a lot. And I'm glad that when you read these stories, they touched you. Like they did me

Also Go CHECK OUT MY NEWEST STORY P.S. I love You It's A Jimmy (the Rev) story. You guys wil love this, just check it out, and pass everything along to your friends

I havent gotten many, of these stories since January...So you have any, please send um in. Or if you know somebody who's met the rev or had a memory with him, please tell them to send something in.