Status: Finished .... For now .....

Diamonds in the Rough

Twenty Two

“Stupid fucking heart,” Jasey muttered, halting her packing to wipe away her tears.

“Gena called,” Valary said coming closer to Jasey’s room, “She wants all of us to go out to dinner tonight,” She said standing in the door way, “What the hell are you doing?”

”I’m packing,” Jasey said coldly, shoving another hoodie into her bag.
”For what?” She asked confused.

Jasey turned around, “I’m going to Baltimore.”

Valary scrunched her eye brows together, “For what?”

Jasey didn’t say anything else and went back to packing her bag with a few more clothes.

”You can’t just leave!” Valary cried out.
”I have to,” Jasey said, zipping her bag up.

She turned and faced her best friend, “I can’t stay Val. I have to get away from here.”

”Is this all because of Brian?”

She drew in a breath, “No… Yes…” She looked up at the ceiling then back at Valary, “I don’t even know anymore.”

Valary stepped over to Jasey and wrapped her arms around her shoulders, holding her tightly to her chest, “Go to Baltimore. Forget about all of this for a few days and go hang out with Jack and Alex. I know how much you miss them.”

Valary pulled away from Jasey a little bit, but still had her arms around her, “But you’re coming back here even if I have to come all the way out to the East coast myself.”

Jasey smiled, “Thanks Val.”

”But you know you can’t run from him forever Jase,” Valary said with seriousness in her voice.
”I know,” Jasey answered quietly, “Sometimes I wish I could.”

”Go have fun out there for a while,” She said letting go of her.
”Can you guys drive me to the airport?” Jasey asked hopeful.

Valary nodded, “I’ll get Matt, but I’m calling Jimmy and Zacky because I know they’re going to want to say goodbye first.”

”Okay,” She replied softly, swinging the bag over her shoulders.

Half an hour later Jimmy and Zacky were standing in the living room saying their goodbyes to Jasey.

”Please don’t do anything stupid while I’m gone,” She said to the both of them.
”Same goes for you Skippy,” Jimmy said, giving her a warm hug.

”Gena’s gonna miss you,” Zacky frowned.
”I’m gonna miss her too,” Jasey said as her voice cracked a little, “Take care of her while I’m gone.”

He nodded and gave her a hug too.

“And, can all of you do me a favor?” She said speaking to Matt, Zacky, Jimmy, and Valary, “Can you make sure that Brian doesn’t do anything he’ll regret in the morning? Please?”

”Sure,” Jimmy answered for all of them.

“And tell Johnny I said no drinking till dawn without me,” She said hoping to lighten the mood.
”Just go to Baltimore Jasey,” Zacky said with a grin, “Go have babies with that lead singer you always talk about.”

”I am not going to make babies!”
”Sure ya aren’t,” He said raising his brow. She flipped him off.

”We better go,” Valary spoke up, “You’re gonna miss your flight.”

With one last round of hugs, Jasey, Valary, and Matt all climbed into his coal grey Ford pick up truck and headed for the airport.

When they arrived in the drop off lane, Valary unbuckled her seatbelt and turned around in her seat.

“Are you sure you still want to do this?”
“I have to,” She answered quietly.

”I’m coming to get you if there isn’t a flight booked in two weeks,” Valary warned. Jasey nodded and leaned forward to give her best friend one last hug.

”Take care of her Matt, okay?”

He nodded silently. Valary turned back around in her seat and put her hand on the counsel between her and Matt. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly, rubbing small circles on the back of it with his thumb.

Jasey looked down at them for a minute before getting out of the truck.

She passed through security and walked up to the boarding gate.

”Have a nice flight,” The woman said handing Jasey’s ticket back to her. She nodded and proceeded to walk on to the plane, finding her seat next to the window. She shoved her duffle bag full of clothes into the compartment above her and sat down next to the window, looking out of it.

Now she was having second thoughts about doing this.

She took her phone out from her back pocket and scrolled through her contacts until she stopped on his name. She hit the send button and put the phone up against her ear.

”You’ve reached Synyster Gates. I can’t get to my phone right now, so leave a message and I’ll call you back once I figure out how to work this damn thing.”

Jasey laughed to her self.

”Leave your message after the tone,” The pre recorded voice instructed.

She drew in a breath, “Brian, it’s me. I know you’re probably pissed off at me and are probably going to be half in the bottle before you hear this message, but just in case you aren’t; If by some miracle you do hear this soon,” She paused, “I wanted you to know that I love you. I always have and I always will. And right now it seems like I’m running away from you, and I probably am. And you have every right to hate me for what I’m doing,” She rambled, “But if you’re still listening, I need you to do something. I need you to decide whether you want me or not.”

She let her tears roll down her cheeks, “I know I’ve fucked up and I probably don’t even act like I want you anymore, but I do. I want you so bad it hurts. I know I don’t deserve you anymore, but I can’t turn back time. So please Brian, pick me. Choose me. Love me.”

She pulled the phone away from her ear and hit the end button, wiping away her tears with her free hand.

“Our flight will now be leaving,” The flight attendant announced, “Please locate all emergency exits and fasten all seatbelts now.”

As the plane rolled out on to the tarmac, Jasey swore she saw a jet black mustang speeding into the parking lot.

She moved her eyes away from the window and let out a heavy sigh, resting her head on the back of the seat.

Love was always such a complicated thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, what happens next?
I guess I should go figure that out.
Brownie points to whoever knows this song. It's one of my favorites by them.

The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight

'Cause I'm broken when I'm open
And I don't feel like I am strong enough
'Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
And I don't feel right when you're gone away


REV