Status: finished.

You Can Stand Under My Umbrella

1/1

"You’re the worst daughter; thinking that your pathetic singing would get you somewhere in life; yeah right. I know what’ll take you somewhere in life, 'touching' guys like their candy. That’s what your even more pathetic of a mother did before one of the dudes she 'touched' did her in. You’re nothing but a loser!"

"Dad, please."

"Awe, now you’re a beggar. Get your butt in the air before I put it in the air. Now remember, tell anyone want I’ve been doing to you since November and you’re dead."

"Dad, please don’t do this. Dad…ah, oh, ah, ah, ah, oh; Adam." I moaned and screamed as tears fell down my cheeks with each and every thrust.


I still couldn’t get that out of my head; to think that my own father has been using me for sex since the beginning of November. It’s still November, but more along middle November. I just couldn’t stay in that house forever so here I am; walking around with nothing but a small purse that holds my phone, 60 dollars, my toothbrush and toothpaste, my MP3 player that’s filled with all my favorite bands, a picture of my friends, and a picture of my mom that I found in an old photo album before she died.

I did of course tell the police about everything that happened, but when they asked the name for my father I told them Adam DiVince and they just laughed and laughed; isn’t it great to be the daughter of someone who on the outside is the world’s perfect celebrity, but inside is world’s evilest villain. So after being laughed at by the police and 'touched' by my own father; I knew no one would believe me, that no one would care, and that no one would love me.

I continued walking until I found a fast food restaurant and decided to go in a buy me something small to eat.

“Hey Alex; what do you want?” said the boy in front of me as he yelled over to the table where I’m guessing his friend Alex was sitting at.

“A double cheeseburger, fries, and a coke my sexy lover.” said the guy I’m guessing was Alex.

“Okay. I would like 2 double cheeseburgers, 1 chicken sandwich, and 1 salad with ranch dressing, 4 fries, a coke, a chocolate milkshake, a diet coke, a sprite, and your number.” He finally ordered as the cashier rang up his order with a flirty smirk on her face.

“Now why would I give you my number? That’ll be 10.60 please.” said the cashier.

“I’m sexy as hell, that’s why. Here’s the money.”

“Here’s your receipt and my number.” She said after handing him her number and receipt.

After he got his food and headed over to his friends, I was next in line.

“Um…I would like a small sprite and a cheeseburger please.” I said to the same cashier whose flirty smirk disappeared after the guy named Jack left and was replaced with a bored scowl.

“5.23”

I give her the exact change and grabbed my food also and noticed that the only table left was one next to where I’m guessing Jack went off to and the only one with a window view.

As I was eating my meal and looking out the window; it started raining cats and dogs. That of course wasn’t helping the mood I was already in; thanks to the table beside me. It seems that they think it’s cool to talk and laugh so loud that the entire McDonald’s can hear them.

I finished my meal and threw it in the trash, but before I could walk away; someone else threw their trash away beside me also. I looked up and saw the Jack Bassam Barakat; the same one that plays guitar for, my favorite band, All Time Low. He was decked out in one of his t-shirts, black jeans, and converses that could match his shirt somewhat.

You had my heart
and we'll never be world apart
Maybe in magazines
but you'll still be my star
Baby cause in the dark
You can see shiny cars
And that's when you need me there
With you I'll always share


And of course my phone had to ring their ringtone; remind me again why I decided to put that as the ringtone to one of my friends.

Said I'll always be your friend
Took an oath
I’m stick it out 'till the end
Now that it's raining more than ever
Told you we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella


As it played another lyric to the song once again; Jack looked over and saw me.

“You’re a fan of ours I’m guessing?” he said looking me up and down as if trying to figure me out.

“Yeah I am. My name’s Nicole.” I said with a small blush of embarrassment.

“Hey, Nicole; I guess I don’t have to say who I am since you already know. Would you like to meet the rest of the guys?” Jack asked.

“Um, okay.” I replied as he took my hand and walked us over to where the rest of All Time Low was seated. What I noticed though is that he never really did let go of my hand even after we sat down and starting laughing and talking with the others.

Maybe, just maybe, I finally have found someone who will listen to all the pain that I had to go through in my life.