Cheated Hearts

futures

March 2010; One Year After Heartbreak

______________________________________________________________________________

Image


Dear Harper,

I am not sending you this invitation because I want you to come. It's so that you know I'm alright. I've almost let go of you.

I've written this letter many times. Chloe is wringing her hands, wondering if I'll ever muster the courage to slip this envelope in the mailbox. She wants you to know I'm alright; it's just the type of person she is.

It took a month after you left for California again (by the way, I'm sorry, that I chucked your shit out the window. I was really angry, as you could probably tell) for me to ask Chloe out. Then it took nearly six months for me just to kiss her and another six months to ask her to marry me. She's a good person, Harp. She's kind, and giving, and she gives just as much as she takes.... basically everything you weren't.

However, even though I am still so angry with you, I do not wish you any harm. In fact, I hope that you have a happy life. I hope that you get married, too and that you have a ton of little red headed kids who look just like you.

But I hope that every time you hear Fleetwood Mac you have to close your eyes because it reminds you of me. I hope that you've had to burn that dress of yours with the cherry print. I hope that you remember how you fucked me over and that you learn from it because I surely have.


-Keaton Miller
♠ ♠ ♠
"Oh yeah! Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone."

-John Cougar Mellencamp

Only the epilogue left.