Cheated Hearts

epilogue

Chloe Dore became Chloe Miller in June of that year. She wore an ivory lace gown and the whole church marveled at her beauty, including Keaton. Gene was his best man, and Avery was Chloe's maid of honor. It was all very gorgeous and the guests went home in awe of how glossy and romantic everything was.

Harper Summers did not attend, but she took the letter like a dose of hard earned medicine and went on with her life in California where she came to be a successful fashion stylist for a well known magazine. She too married a man who stomached her wicked smiles and mysterious innuendos and she was very, very happy. She had two lovely daughters named Sophia and Ola who never seemed to understand why their mother burned all of their father's Fleetwood Mac records on a cold September night.

As for the so called protagonist of our story, Keaton finally got the job he had strived for shortly after he and Chloe tied the knot. He worked hard and in the second winter of his marriage, he and Chloe welcomed a baby boy named Harvey Keaton Miller. He looked exactly like Gene.

But the beauty of it was that even though their love had been such a beautiful, heartbreaking event for both of them, Keaton and Harper had learned from it. They had gained so much more than they had lost. Keaton appreciated his family and his job, while Harper learned to love without the need to ask what was in it for her first.

Years later, when Harper and Keaton had dulled the ire between them, Keat received a letter from Harper.

There in her spiky writing she explained how sorry she was, and how she hated how he had handled the situation. She spoke of truth and Keaton was at the point where he could accept it and see the error of his ways. It was all for the better.

Harper Summers never cheated again.

fin.
♠ ♠ ♠
"Take these rings and stow them safe away, save them for another rainy day."

-Yeah Yeah Yeahs

I finisheeeeddd!
I've been aching to finish.
I want to thank everyone for being
so lovely to this story.
It was not much of a fairytale, I know,
and I'm so glad that people
didn't bash my head in for not making it so.

This story means a lot to me.
Infidelity is something that has touched my
life in ways that have torn it down and ruined so much.
This is the ugliness that comes out with it.

xoxo j.