Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Following Sound Advice

*Mikey's POV*

I sat in the parking lot of Bob's apartment building. Was I really going to tell him? Gerard had a point: Bob was level-headed, if he didn't feel the same way it wouldn't ruin our friendship. So why was I so terrified? I reminded myself of how happy Frank and Gee were now because they had finally said something. I took a deep steadying breath and stepped out of the car and walked towards Bob's building.

Bob's POV*

Ten minutes ago I had seen Mikey's car pull into the parking lot through the bedroom window. I watched, expecting him to get out, but he didn't. He just stayed inside the car for a good ten minutes before finally stepping out. Even from the third floor window I could make out his nervous expression as he walked towards the apartment building.

*Mikey's POV*

He buzzed me in and I took the stairs up to his apartment. As I reached the landing I saw him waiting in the open door to his place.

"Hi," I said timidly.

"Hey, come in," he welcomed. We walked over to his living room and sat down on opposite ends of his leather couch, facing each other.

"So, what's up?" he asked.

I took a deep breath and blurted it out: "I like you, a-a lot."

Bob stayed silent for a moment, thinking. I couldn't bear the quiet. I needed him to say something, anything. "How 'bout them fuzzy little penguins?" would have worked for me. I couldn't stand just waiting for the verdict in complete silence. Finally he broke the hush.

"Um, I like you too. I-I kind of have for a while. I mean not since I've known you guys, but still... I've felt something for you for the past year or so." Bob said quietly.

"Really?" I asked, not sure if I should let myself believe this beautiful statement. He nodded seriously. I scooted across the couch towards him and gave him a hug. He slowly wrapped his arms around me. I felt safe holding onto him, with him holding onto me.

"I'm glad I took Gee's advice and told you," I whispered into his shoulder. He nodded.

*Gerard's POV*

I was sitting around with Ray and Frank when my cell rang. It was Mikey.

"Did you tell him?" I asked as way of greeting.

"Yes, and he feels the same way!" Mikey gushed.

"I'm so happy for you! Can I tell the guys?" I asked excitedly. There was a brief silence in which Mikey must have been asking Bob if they were ready to let the cat out of the bag.

"Yeah, tell 'em." he told me.

"Alright! I"ll leave you guys alone..." I said.

"Bye!" Mikey said quickly. We hung up.

"Tell us what?" Frank asked, his curiosity piqued.

"Bob and Mikey are together, as in together together." I said.

"Oh, that's so sweet! Man, I gotta get myself somebody!" Ray said.

"Yeah, do you have your eye on anybody?" Frank asked.

"Sadly, no. Especially with this band's luck of late: You like someone, they like you back, you're dating." We all laughed.

*Ray's POV*

As I drove home from Frank's, I couldn't help but think that I wanted somebody to share my life with, more than what my friends could give me. Besides, now they were all paired up, they were bound to be busy with each other. I was going to be the third wheel (or technically, the fifth). I sighed as I pulled into the driveway.

I made my way inside and dropped into bed. Unlike my best friends, I had no one to wrap my arms around and fall asleep with....
♠ ♠ ♠
Poor Ray! I need to find somebody for this guy!
More comments please.
~aep