Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Damage

*Gerard's POV*

I ached all over, but I tried not to show it. They looked so worried huddled around me. A doctor walked in, not Dr. Wilkins though. She was young and very attractive.

"Good evening. I'm Dr. Sanchez," she told us with the faintest hint of an accent. "You're going to be okay, but it's going to take a while to heal. You've suffered three broken ribs, a broken wrist, and your mandible (or jawbone) has a small fracture as well. Nothing that requires the jaw to be wired shut though. And luckily, all your teeth are alright. Usually with that kind of blow to the jaw a few get knocked loose," she explained quickly.

"How long will it take for him to heal?" Frank asked her.

"About two to three months for the bones to completely heal. But he'll probably be able to resume all normal activities within two months. You should stay here for a week or so, just to ensure your bones can begin to mend without too much physical stress."

"Is there anything else we should know?" Mikey asked.

"Um, when he does get home I suggest he spends most of his time in bed. Too much movement will make it harder to heal quickly. Use common sense, if it hurts, don't do it. I think that's about it. If you think of any other questions, please ask for me," she left the room.

"No wonder I feel so great!" I said sarcastically. I sighed.

"The police told us to call when you were available for questioning." Frank told me.

"Call them, I'll tell them all about it." I said.

"Good, the sooner they can put this bastard away the better," Ray muttered.

*Lavender's POV*

The intercom buzzed.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Gerard," the voice said.

"Come on up," I said. A moment later I heard a knock on my apartment door.

"Come in, it's open." The door opened, and in walked John, a huge smile on his face. He slammed the door and locked it behind him.

"Expecting your old boyfriend? Slut!" John shouted at me.

"No, no!" I screamed.

"Don't lie to me, you bitch! I followed you to his place. When you left, he and I had a talk of our own... He was very understanding."

"D-did you hurt him?" I asked, afraid of the answer.

"Of course not! What kind of guy do you think I am?" he grinned wickedly. He strode over to me and lifted me off the couch, shaking me roughly.

"You should fucking know better than to cheat on me! Fuckin' slut!" he yelled.

"No, I didn't. I swear! John - please..." My eyes filled with tears.

"Don't lie to me! Don't use those crocodile tears on me. I know better than that. I taught him not to mess with my girl. Now I need to teach you --"

The fear in me quickly changed to fiery anger. "Get the FUCK off of me, you pig! I swear to God, leave me alone! I will call the cops on you, the way I should have two weeks ago when you first started this bullshit! I didn't go see Gerard to cheat on you. You paranoid freak! If you hurt him you will pay. He has nothing to do with us!" I screamed at him.

John threw me to the ground and kicked me in the stomach. "Beg to differ, baby. He has everything to do with us, when you go see him in secret!" He kicked me again. I should have known better than to put Gerard at risk. I just wasn't thinking. And now my righteous anger had just made things worse.

"HELP! SOMEONE CALL THE POL--!" I screamed, hoping a neighbor would be able to hear me. He lunged down on top of me and covered my mouth. I bit down on his hand as best I could.

"Fuck!" he shouted in pain, holding his hand up. "You're gonna pay for that, you bitch!" He jumped on me again, held my arms over my head, and pinned my body to the ground with his knees.

"HELP! PLEASE CALL THE POLICE!" I screamed, taking advantage of the fact that he had no free hands to muffle my screams this time. He released one of my hands to slap my face with all his might. I threw my hand forward, trying to scratch him, but he grabbed it again. I tried to lift my leg to knee him in the crotch but I was pinned down too tightly.

"Oh, no, no, no!" he scolded me playfully.

"HELP!!!" I screamed again.

He lifted me up by the arms, keeping me far enough away that I couldn't inflict any damage, and dragged me into the kitchen to grab a roll of tape from a drawer. He quickly found it and bound my hands. Then he pulled me into the bedroom. He pulled a sock out of my dresser drawer and shoved it in my mouth. He slammed and locked the bedroom door. He threw me onto the bed and ripped off my t-shirt. I pleaded with my eyes. He laughed and slipped off my bra.

"You can think of your precious ex during this if you'd like..." John whispered into my ear. I tried to escape but it was fruitless, he was too strong.

He deftly unbuttoned my jeans and pulled them and my underwear off. I lay completely helpless and naked under him. Silent tears poured out of my eyes. He laughed again and licked them off. He caressed my chest softly with his palm. Slowly moving the pressure into his fingertips, then nails. Agonizingly slowly he dug his nails into my skin, leaving five long trails down my stomach. I screamed but it went unheard, blocked by the sock. His eyes sparkled with malice. He was enjoying every second of this, enjoying every second of pain he caused.

He unzipped his own jeans and thrust into me. I protested with every fiber of my being, but I couldn't stop him. He pushed in harder. I needed the pain to stop but I couldn't move. Suddenly I heard something coming from the hallway outside the apartment.

"Police! Open the door!" A man called. John ignored it. The police officer continued to bang on the door. Finally I heard it being kicked open. Instead of trying to escape now that the police were inside the apartment he just continued, smiling insanely. The doorknob to the bedroom rattled.

"Open the door!" the policeman shouted. Still, John wouldn't stop. Finally the bedroom door was flung open and two policemen pulled him off of me. I curled into a ball, trying to hide. A policewoman ran in, seeing that her associates had pinned John down she rushed over to me. She covered me in the blanket that was still made on the bed. She pulled the gag out of my mouth and took the tape off my wrists.

"You're gonna be okay," she whispered to me.

"We were just playing a game!" John was shouting at the officers.

"Save it!" One of the policemen shouted to John in disgust as his partner handcuffed him and began to read him his rights.

"I - I th-think he attacked my friend b-before he came here too. G-Gerard W-Way." I gasped between sobs.

"Okay, we'll check on your friend. Everything's gonna to be okay," she assured me as she pulled me into a hug.

"Get your fucking hands off me! We were just playing around!" John continued to shout as he was taken out of the room.

"Everything's gonna be okay," she said again. I leaned into the policewoman's hug and willed myself to believe what she said, even though the damage was done.
♠ ♠ ♠
That was tough to write. *sighs*
Comments please.
~aep