Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

The Prescription

*Gerard's POV*

Finally, I thought. The week is up and I can get the hell out of here! I slowly stood up from the bed and took the change of clothes that Mikey handed me. I gingerly changed, trying not to stress any of the fractures. After a few minutes I was dressed and ready to leave.

"Bye, Honey. I hope you get better quickly." Ana said to me as I checked out with her. I slowly walked out to the car with Mikey. The guys were waiting for us at home. When we arrived I could hear music being played. I looked at my brother, questioningly. He shrugged, smiling. He opened the door for me and I walked through it.

In the living room Ray, Bob, and Frankie (who was leaning against the wall so he had free hands for the guitar) were in full swing, playing their hearts out. Mikey quickly picked up his bass and joined them.

"Okay," Frank held up his hand for quiet, "We have a special, one-night performance here at The Casa Del Way." I laughed, I was about to see a show they had staged just for me.

"The introductions: Bob Bryar on drums, Ray Toro on guitar, me - Frank Iero, also on guitar, and finally Gerard Way - vocals." Frank said, gesturing to each of them in turn, and then Mikey.

The music started up once again, and after a moment Mikey had discarded his bass and began prancing around the living room area doing an all-too-accurate impression of me.

They were performing a song off our first album: Headfirst for Halos.

"Yahhhh!

Well let's go back to the middle of the day that starts it all
I can't begin to let you know just what I'm feelin'.
And now the red ones make me fly,
And the blue ones help me fall,
And I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling.
And as the fragments of my skull begin to fall,
Fall on your tongue like pixie dust just think happy thoughts,

And we'll fly home,
We'll fly home,
You and I,
We'll fly home.

C'mon!

Well now I'm back in the middle of the day that starts it all,
I can't begin to let you know just what I'm feelin'.
And now these red ones make me fly,
And the blue ones help me fall,
And I think I'll blow my brains against the ceiling,
Now...

We'll fly home,
You and I,
we'll fly home.

Now honestly, that's what I said to her,
What I said to her.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!

Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think happy thoughts,
Think ha- WOOOOOOOOO!"

By the end of it I was laughing so hard I was in intense pain. My ribs felt like they were on fire and I could barely breathe. I managed to stop after a few minutes, breathing deeply.

"Oh, God. That was great," I thanked them. I clutched at my chest, trying to stop the pain. Frank seemed to realize what they had inadvertently done.

"Oh, shit. I'm so sorry, baby," He picked up his crutches and came over to me.

"It's okay, really. It was worth it," I chuckled slightly. "But can somebody go pick up my prescription for those painkillers while we're on the subject?" I asked.

"I can do it, if you'd like," Ray volunteered, putting his guitar down.

"Okay, thanks." I nodded.

*Ray's POV*

After I had gotten the prescription slip from Gerard, I headed down to the hospital pharmacy. As I sat in the waiting room (they said it would take about ten minutes) I saw Dr. Sanchez walk by. She was looking my way, I waved. She came over to me.

"Hey, your friend just checked out today." she said as way of greeting.

I nodded, "Uh-huh. I'm picking up his meds for him. So, how are you?" I asked, attempting to make small talk.

"I'm good. You?" she responded.

"Good..." I sat in my chair, uncomfortable as she stood in front of me, awkwardly.

"Um, do you want to get a cup of coffee later? I get off at seven tonight." she said quickly. I was slightly shocked.

"Um, sure. W-where?" I asked.

"Do you know the Haymarket Cafe?" she questioned.

"I love that place. So, Haymarket, say 7:30?"

"Sounds good. By the way, my first name is Maria." she blushed slightly and walked away. A second later the pharmacist called me over to pick up the medication. I left the hospital, a bit stunned....

Did I just get a date?
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, Ray gets a date! (And I think this chapter is smoother than the last, less choppy.)
Comments!!!
~aep