Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Confrontation... Almost

*3rd Person POV*

It was about 10 AM when the doorbell rang at Mikey and Gerard's house. The two brothers had been laughing insanely over a plate of cookies. The bell chimed again.

"I'll get it." Mikey said. He went to the door to let Frank in.

"Hey!" Mikey said, hyper after the sugar fest he had just shared with his brother.

"Hi. Is Gee around?" Frank asked shyly.

"Yeah, lemme get him for ya." Mikey smiled, and grabbed Gerard from the kitchen.

"Hey." Gee said.

"Hi, can we go for a walk? I... need to talk to you." Frankie said quietly. Gerard nodded.
"I'll be back in a bit, Mikey. Going for a walk!" he called to his brother.

They walked down the block together, silent at first.

*Gerard's POV*

"So, what'd you want to talk about?" I asked as we shuffled along side-by-side.

"Right, umm..." Frank muttered awkwardly. I glanced at him. He looked as if he was about to be sick. I stopped walking.

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned. We started walking again, slowly.

"Uh, yeah, yeah. It's just.. I need to tell you something..."

When he didn't continue, I spoke again, "Okay, you've got a nice cryptic thing working for you, very mysterious, but I think the suspense might kill me if you don't spill soon." I smiled, he didn't. I was getting nervous.

"I, I've been feeling really... fuck." he tried again, "I ,um, the thing is --" he stopped suddenly. Reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. "It's on vibrate," he muttered. He flipped it open and listened intently.

"Okay. Yeah, sure, I'll be there in a few." he told the person on the line. He hung up. Looking at me nervously he said, "Uh, I gotta go. A friend needs me... can we pick this up another time?" His eyes had a desperate pleading look in them. I nodded and watched him run back to his car and zoom away.

"O-kay, then..." I muttered to myself.

*Frank's POV*

"I'M SO FUCKING STUPID!" I yelled at myself as I drove away from Gerard and what would have been my confession of love for him, had I not escaped. I couldn't believe that I faked getting a phone call just to run away again! He probably saw right through it, I thought, and now he knows for sure that I'm a freak with a mad-on crush for him. Shit, shit, shit!

I found some back roads to drive through with no one around so I could think in peace. I shot past blurred trees of black and green. I blinked and gripped the steering wheel as tightly as I could.

"Goddammit," I muttered under my breath. I shook my head in disbelief;
"How could I have been so stupid? Oh, of course, because I am stupid. I'm a fucking idiot! A coward!"

Suddenly a deer bolted into the road from out of nowhere. I swerved to avoid it and crashed into a giant oak tree on the side of the road. The car had totaled, I was pinned inside, bleeding freely. I looked back and saw the deer lying in the road.
Swerving away to try to save the poor creature had been pointless. I had killed it.

As I slowly lost consciousness I couldn't help but wish that I hadn't taken the back roads. I was in the middle of nowhere, trapped inside a car, bleeding like crazy, with a smashed cell phone.

I prayed someone would find me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, I'm just a cliche factory, so I put in a good old fashioned car accident!
~aep