Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Recognition

*Gerard's POV*

I downed a painkiller with some water, luckily I was already starting to feel better so I was using them more sporadically now. Frank entered the kitchen as I took another gulp of water.

"Hey," he walked over quickly (his legs were healing so he could put more pressure on them and use the crutches more easily). He planted a kiss on my neck. I giggled.

"Ugh. A giggle? No moan?" he said disappointedly.

"Well, it was a quick one and I wasn't expecting it, so it sorta tickled!" I defended my reaction.

"Okay, okay." Frank accepted my answer. "I was wondering if you were feeling well enough to go shopping. You know, walk around the mall, maybe get a crappy food court meal?" he asked.

I nodded, "Uh... sure. Sounds good. Let's go now."

We drove through the back roads, just enjoying the drive and each other's company. When we arrived at the mall we went straight to Hot Topic. It was surprisingly empty, but still difficult to maneuver with such tight aisles.

"Check out this wristband." Frank pointed to a thick leather band that was black with a white staff and musical notes all over it.

"Very nice!" I said. "Can I get it for you?"

"Um, yes please. I wanna get you something too. What do you want?" Frankie asked with an infectious child-like enthusiasm. The corner of my mouth twitched upward. He was so perfect. We wandered around the store, ending up at the CD rack. We quickly spotted Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. Next to it was a CD with a demented cartoon squirrel on the cover. He had both middle fingers up in the air and the print underneath him read: "FOAMY THE SQUIRREL - Rants For The Masses."

"What the hell? Let's get this." I picked it up and looked at the back. The tracks had some fascinating names like "Pot Heads, Crack-Addicts, And Pill Popping Morons" and "Political Correctness, ADD, WWII, And Kwanzaa." I handed it to Frank so he could take a look. He burst out laughing.

"So you want a CD with a squirrel complaining about stuff? This looks retarded, and yet awesome." I nodded happily.

"Anything else?" He asked.

"Nah. I don't know, I don't feel like buying too much stuff today, just something simple and some walking around."

"Cool." We headed to the check-out. A woman with bright pink hair and about fifty piercings stood at the counter.

"Holy crap! You're MCR. That's wicked cool!" she said as she scanned the wristband and the CD. We smiled at her. We payed and left after signing her journal's inside cover.

"Thanks! Have a great day!" she called to us as we left the store.

We walked aimlessly around the mall. Frank paused for a second, looking over at a girl and boy that were walking together.

"Emma?" he called. I took a closer look, it was Emma. She stopped, spotting us, she came over, bringing her friend.

"Hey!" she said happily.

"It's really good to see you. We've been meaning to call. Gee got beaten up." Frank said bluntly. She looked puzzled for a second.

"Who beat you up?!" she asked.

"Ex-girlfriend's maniac boyfriend. I'm gonna be fine though, and Frank's almost healed too." I said as I glanced at the boy by her side. He was tall, thin, and fair-haired, the opposite of Emma. But something about them looked right even if the pairing seemed a bit odd at first glance. They were both dressed in black and red (almost matching) which sort of added to the interesting imagery of the two of them.

"Oh, this is Stephen. Steve, this is Frank and Gerard." she introduced us. We waved at him. He stood stock still, just staring at us. He blinked and looked to Emma.

"Um, you're on first-name basis with members of My Chem?" he asked, shocked. She nodded simply with a small smile playing on her lips. Stephen had what looked like a small spasm of happiness. I held back a laugh. Together the four of us began to walk slowly, making our way to the food court.

"So what's new with you?" Frank asked Emma.

"Um, well, Steve and I just started dating recently. We've been friends for a couple of years." she said quietly.

"There must be something in the air, All of the band is hooked up too." Frank said.

"Really, to who?" she asked. I thought I noticed a slightly knowing look in her eyes.

"Frank and me, Mikey and Bob, and Ray with this woman named Maria who we have yet to meet in a casual setting. She was actually my doctor when I was admitted to the hosptial." I explained.

"Oh my God! That's awesome!" Emma exclaimed. Stephen nodded, still not speaking to us directly.

"You guys wanna grab an early dinner with us?" Frank offered as we reached the food court.

"Oh, that'd be great." Emma said. Stephen had another tiny spasm. Emma, Frank and I exchanged amused glances.

It was nice to see Emma again, she looked really content with Stephen by her. As we sat down at a table I grabbed Frank's hand and squeezed it gently. Under the table I noticed Emma's hand was in Stephen's as well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aww, an unofficial double date! Woot! I've been wanting to get back to the Emma thread a bit as well so that was nice. And I'm also gonna get all of the band interacting with each other again soon. It's been ultra coupley, I know.
Also: Look up Foamy the Squirrel at www.illwillpress.com or youtube. He's hysterical, foul-mouthed and kinda evil but awesome. There are tons of different vids of him, fabulous character.
Comments = Cookies. Yes, I know I say something like that in every author's note but I love the comments so keep them coming.
~aep