Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Being Sure

*Gerard's POV*

"Hey I wanna ask you something." I said to Frankie as we sat together on the couch surfing through channels and catching a sex scene on one of them.

"Okay," Frank said.

"I was thinking, for the next time we do something," I glanced at the television screen where the love scene continued. "We should get tested, then we don't have to worry about protection if it all comes back negative." I said.

"Yeah, you're right.... But what if it doesn't?" Frank asked, a shadow of worry flitted across his face.

"Then we'll deal. We'll be safe." I assured him. He nodded.

"Hey, I wonder if Mikey and Bob have done the nasty yet." Frank mused.

"Eww, don't really want to think about my little brother 'doing the nasty,' as you put it." I muttered. I shuddered jokingly.

"No, I mean maybe we could all go down and get tested together." Frank suggested. I nodded.

"That's a good idea, let's call."

*Mikey's POV*

I hung up the phone and turned to Bob. "Gee wants to know if we wanna go to the hospital together to get tested for STDs with him and Frankie. I think we should," I told him.

"Yeah, sure. That would be good." Bob agreed.

"Cool, Gerard will set up the appointment for all of us," I said as I snuggled up to Bob under the covers of his bed.

"Kinda funny they call about that the day after we..." Bob muttered, grinning slightly. I giggled.

"Serendipity?" Bob shrugged and moved forward to place a gentle kiss on my forehead. I moved in closer to him and fell asleep in his arms once again.

= Three Days Later =

Bob and I got into his van and made our way to Frank's to pick him and Gerard up.
I ran out and knocked on the door when we reached the house. It opened after a moment and Gee and Frank came tumbling out. I had the feeling that they had probably been making out against the door not more than two minutes ago. I smiled slightly.

The four of us sat quietly in the waiting room of the blood work lab. First Gerard and Frank were called, they stood up quickly and followed a middle-aged blond nurse into an exam room. Bob looked at me, he could see the nervousness etched on my face.

"I can't believe I hadn't thought of this before. What if one of us tests positive for something?" I asked, hoping I wasn't letting on just how worried I was.

Bob reached for my hand and held it in his. "There's probably nothing wrong with any of us. And if there is, it's not the end of the world. It won't change the relationship. We'll just have to make sure we're always careful, just like we were the first time," he said comfortingly. I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder. A few minutes later Gee and Frank emerged from the exam room, sporting matching band-aids on their arms. Gee looked slightly shaken, he hated needles more than anyone I knew.

"Robert and Michael?" the nurse asked. We stood.

"You can come with me now," she said. We followed her into the same room that Frank and Gerard had been in.

"Alright, who's first?" she asked.

"I'll go," Bob volunteered. He stepped into the plastic chair next to the desk that the nurse had sat down in front of. She picked out three tubes from a container on the desk.

"We need three samples to test for everything," she explained. Bob nodded silently. Within a few minutes she was done with Bob, and it was my turn. Bob stood up to give me the seat.

The rubber tie slowing my circulation bothered me more than the actual needle, although that was far from pleasant too. She finally took it out of my arm and put a band-aid on, also pulling off the tie.

"Thanks. When will you have the results?" I asked.

"About three days. We'll give you a call." I stood up and left the room with Bob, both of us thanking her again. The four of us left the hospital together, piling back into the van, still not speaking much.

Now we had to wait. Wait for the answer to the question we were all thinking. Hoping it would be negative for everything, for all of us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to adora68 for suggesting testing for the guys. I think it grounds their relationships more and makes everything a bit more realistic.
*Comments are still loved and wanted and if you have any suggestions that I can use I will credit you as well. :)
~aep