Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Found

*Emma Ware's POV*

"God, I hate this stupid truck," I muttered to myself as the wretched vehicle began to make a noise akin to an airplane's engine. I shook my head wearily and popped an ear bud into my right ear. I started up my old portable CD player and listened as Gerard Way whispered the first words of "Helena." I hummed along.

I slowed down as I saw a deer lying in the road. A few yards ahead I could see a black car slammed into a huge tree. I pulled the bud out of my ear and parked the truck.

"Crap." I muttered as I hopped out of the truck to see if the passengers of the car were alive. The car was smashed against the tree, looking all too much like a crushed soda can.
I walked passed the deer, it was certainly dead, all I could hope was that the people in the car weren't. As I ran up to the car I saw a young man covered in blood in the driver's seat. He was alone. I checked for a pulse. He was alive, but maybe not for long. Next to him I saw a cell phone, smashed to bits.

"Goddammit." I whispered. "It's okay, I'll be back." I told the man, more to myself than to him, he wasn't conscious. I ran back to my truck and drove away.

"Shit, time's like these are when you need a fucking cell phone." I muttered to myself.

Fifteen minutes later I arrived at a gas station. I ran to the payphone and called an ambulance. I gave the emergency operator directions to the black car, then sped back to the scene, waiting to hear the reassuring sound of sirens greet me and bring the bloody man to safety.

I parked on the side of the road again, making sure to be out of the way when the ambulance arrived. I ran back to the black car.

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my GOD!" I whispered.

"H-hi. Umm, you're gonna be okay. I got to a pay phone and the ambulance should be here soon." I told him, in an effort to convince myself that everything would work out. I checked his pulse again. Weak, but still there.

Finally the ambulance arrived. I moved out of the way as two paramedics rushed out and began to work the man out of the car carefully. I stayed silent, not wanting to distract them. After what felt like an hour they managed to put the man on the stretcher and rushed him into the ambulance. One of the paramedics addressed me hurriedly.

"You can follow in your truck, we're going to St. Anne's." I nodded and ran back to the truck, following them to the hospital. When we finally arrived I followed the paramedics into the emergency room's lobby, knowing that I wouldn't be allowed any further in. I gripped the edge of the emergency service desk so hard that my knuckles turned white. A nurse looked up at me questioningly. I gulped.

"I found a man in a car accident. He was just brought in. I wanted to know if he was going to be okay? Or, or when I could see him or something." I choked out.

The nurse looked at me kindly. "Is he family?"

I shook my head. "I just found him.. I - I..." She nodded.

"When he's out of the emergency room I'll tell you. But I doubt you'll want to stay if you don't know him. It could be hours." she said.

"It's okay, I don't have to be anywhere. I'd like to know that he's okay. I'll just wait."

She nodded again. "Take a seat, I'll let you know, as soon as I do."

"Thank you," I read her name tag, "Ana." I smiled as best I could and went to sit down.

An hour later and still nothing. I walked back up to the desk.
"D-do you know anything yet? Who he is? If he'll be okay? Uh.." I bit down on my lip. Ana shook her head.

"I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. Th-thank you." I made to turn away again but stopped. "Um, is there anything I can do to help? I can't just sit and wait here doing nothing..." I asked, still biting my lip.

"No, that's very nice. But we're doing okay here, and it's not really protocol, anyway." she told me. "I'm sorry." she said again.

"Oh, uh, yeah. Of course. I understand. Um, I'll be right back." I told Ana. I walked out to the truck and grabbed my CD player.

I smiled weakly as I walked back through the automatic doors, Ana smiled too. I sat down and began the CD again.

"Can we pretend,
To leave and then,
We'll meet again,
When both our cars collide..."
♠ ♠ ♠
omg! What will happen next?! Will Frankie make it? *suspenseful music, fade to black, Geico commercial plays.* Mwahahahaha!
Sorry, being random.
~aep