Status: Writer's Block = Another indefinite hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. I do vow to finish this story one day.

Did We All Fall Down?

Gunn

*Lavender's POV*

I wiped my mouth and flushed the toilet. Hell, this is the morning sickness that can't tell time, I thought to myself as I left the bathroom. The digital clock on the microwave read 6:34 as I walked into the kitchen. Looking out the window, I could see the sun begin to descend into the trees. The shrill ring of the phone pulled me from my reverie. I grabbed it off the kitchen counter and answered it.

"Ms. Charles?" a man's voice asked.

"Y-yes. Who's this?" I questioned.

"My name is Andrew Gunn." the voice said. I stared blankly at the counter.

"Who?"

"I'm an attorney. John Mathers hired me --" my sharp intake of breath stopped him mid-sentence.

"But I quit. I'd like to represent you Pro Bono to put him away." he said. I blinked. Was he serious?

"Why?" I asked.

"Because what he's done made me sick and he has absolutely no remorse. If he manages to go free, he'll get out there and hurt more people." I bit my lip, I knew what this man was saying was true. And as much as I hated the idea of facing John, I wanted him to pay, and I wanted him never to be able to do what he had done ever again.

"Alright. When can we meet?" I asked.

= Two Days Later =

I sat in a lavish lobby on the third floor of the Taylor & Central law firm.

"Mr. Gunn will see you now," the receptionist told me after hanging up the phone. I nodded and stood up, making my way to the door that read "Andrew Gunn, Attorney at Law."

I knocked and entered. A young, attractive, black man sat behind a large desk. He smiled at me and gestured toward a leather chair for me to sit in. Taking a seat, I opened my mouth, unsure of what to say. He spoke for me.

"I want to take John Mathers down. The best way to do that is to have you testify against him. Along with the other person he attacked -- " he looked at a file on his desk, "Gerard Way."

I found my voice and quickly spoke, "I don't know if Gerard will want to have anything to do with it.... He might not even have the time. He's the front-man for a rock band."

"Well, we'll see. I'm going to call him later today -- "

"H-he doesn't know -- he doesn't know that John raped me. And, and he doesn't know that I'm pregnant." I whispered. I looked up hesitantly, into Andrew Gunn's eyes. They were filled with sincere empathy.

"Mr. Gunn, I don't want Gerard to know. And if this goes to court, and we both testify...." I trailed away.

"Call me Andrew. And I understand that you'd like to keep this matter private, but I think it would be in your best interest to put it on the table. Your testimony, combined with Mr. Way's, plus the evidence, they could put him away for the rest of his life."

I closed my eyes and thought about John, trapped for the rest of his days, unable to hurt anyone else. I smile spread across my lips before I could stop it. I took a deep breath.

"I'll testify."
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, I'm taking this in the court case direction, but it's not going to take over everything. I'll be getting back to the guys and everyone, but this will definitely be a thread that's going to play out for a while, I think.
Comments!
~aep